Complaint Review: The Mexico Travel Company

• Submitted: Fri, September 28, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, September 28, 2012

• Reported By: jenjen — Denver Colorado United States of America
The Mexico Travel Company
224 Tucanes, Nuevo Vallarta, Nayarit, MEXICO 63734 Internet United States of America

The Mexico Travel Company Vianney Marketing Group Buyers beware! This company is a SCAM!!! Internet

Buyers beware!  DO NOT USE The Mexico Travel Company, Vianney Marketing Group, or ANY company associated with them!

I purchased a package from UrbanDealight, they advertised a hotel package at the Finisterra Resort in Cabo San Lucas, right on the water and was recently renovated.  Of course, I did my due dilligence and checked the hotel out online to make sure it seemed legitmate, and TripAdvisor gave very good customer reviews.  I decided to purchase the package, and paid $299 for a 4-night stay.  Low and behold, I went to book my trip and they said the company no longer has an agreement with the Finisterra Hotel, and that they could offer me another hotel instead.  I looked up the alternative hotel, and TripAdvisor reviews said the hotel was nowhere near the water, and was right next to the highway, which guests could hear throughout the night.

Since they weren't able to provide me with a stay at the hotel I purchased, I requested a refund.  They seem to be very nice about it, however, it has been 3 months since I made the request.  I've been emailing with someone named Manuel, a "manager", who keeps giving me the run-around when I ask about the status of my refund.  When I call, they say he is not in the office, or will be there soon.

Their excuse for the refund taking so long is due to the inconvenience of currency conversion since they don't have an American bank account.  I understood this and was willing to work with them to get the issue resolved, as I am in the banking industry.  I created a PayPal invoice for them to send payment.  I stressed to them that PayPal is secure and will do any currency coversion without any problem.  They still haven't sent payment, they still continue to give me the run-around "we've sent the request to accounting, I'm not sure why it hasn't been paid", and I've even threatened to take legal action.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/28/2012 08:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Mexico-Travel-Company/internet/The-Mexico-Travel-Company-Vianney-Marketing-Group-Buyers-beware-This-company-is-a-SCAM-947864. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Mexico Travel Company