Complaint Review: The Money Club

• Updated: Thu, July 23, 2009

• Reported By:LONDON Other
The Money Club
London Nationwide U.S.A.

The Money Club took money from my bank account left me with high overdraft bank charges Nationwide

I was cold called at home by a representative from the money club, at the time I needed a washing machine, and was told to pay 1.00 into my bank for a trial membership, I became very ill with a bad chest infection so could not get to the bank to pay 1.00 in and soon after I had a letter from my bank demanding 35.00 overdraft charges and another 69.00 overdraft charge, I was misled by this representative and did not authorise the money club to take any money from my account for membership. I rang my bank and was told to contact the money club for these charges but I have no email address.

I have only just received their literature after months, have never used their club at all, and no one has rang me from there either. It seems to me they just want your bank details and your money, so now I am receiving threatening letters from my bank and am unemployed lost my job, and cannot afford these high fees, all this has caused me so much anxiety, I wish I had never answered the telephone that day, this has caused me so much distress.

Now I have to pay 104.00 to my bank and I have not even used the services of the money club.

christine
LONDON
United Kingdom

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2009 11:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Money-Club/nationwide/The-Money-Club-took-money-from-my-bank-account-left-me-with-high-overdraft-bank-charges-Na-472617. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Money Club