Complaint Review: The Mortgage Law Group

• Updated: Fri, September 07, 2012

• Reported By: Magic50 — Richmond Virginia United States of America
The Mortgage Law Group

The Mortgage Law Group I was Tricked into a Modification sign-up Internet

I signed up with this law firm based on what they told me, and they could help me get a loan modification.
i lost my job due to an ilness and got behind on my mortgage payments (6-months).  i was told to submit all required documents, as i did so.  i was told i qualified for a modification and had to make 3 payments of $1100.  i made the payments and was told it'll take 90-days to complete.

however, i waited 6-months and got nothing and had to pay them a retainer fee costing me $500.00 on top of what i already paid.  well, my home went into foreclosure and was about to be auctioned off.  i then decided to talk with my lender.  i am happily to report that i'm still in my home and got a trial modification with only one payment to go and i'll have a permanent modification come next month i highly recommend all facing a similar issue to speak directly with your lender and not use this firm, they will cause you to lose your home and ignore your calls afterwards.  i seriously doubt they will refund some of my funds since i did most of the work later on and the attorney did nothing for me.  when i questioned the negotiator, she stated the attorney will only step in if it was necessary and my modification was declined by my lender.  i honestly wasted time and energy, plus funds doing the right thing.  i feel betrayed and used by this firm.  i'm now working hard to catch up on my other bills and make payment arrangements, as my credit is now very damaged by listening and trusting this law firm.  i hope this post indeed help others in a similar situation to avoid this firm by any and all means.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/07/2012 11:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Mortgage-Law-Group/internet/The-Mortgage-Law-Group-I-was-Tricked-into-a-Modification-sign-up-Internet-938013. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Mortgage Law Group