Complaint Review: The Mortgage Law Group

• Updated: Wed, October 31, 2012

• Reported By: christine — lake zurich Illinois United States of America
The Mortgage Law Group
223 S. Wacker Drive Ste. 5150 Internet United States of America

The Mortgage Law Group Promised to get a loan modification, instead took our money and did nothing. I am now out 3200.00 and am in foreclosure. Internet

In October 2011, our bills were piling up and our house payments were enormous. We called the Mortgage Law Group and they claimed that we qualified for a loan modification. My husband talked for three hours on the phone with a representative. He assured my husband several times that we qualified. He asked us to send 1600.00 and that would start the process, so we did. For the first couple of months they called once a week. They kept asking for documents over and over.

Then, without our knowledge, took another 1600.00 out of our bank account. I told my husband that things were a little sketchy, so I convinced him to write a letter to Lisa Madigan and we did. During this time the calls had stopped and now we were getting emails once a week. Again, they were asking for updated payroll check stubs. I told my husband I felt like we were now being scammed so I wrote a letter to the Better Business Bureau. They also told us there was nothing they could do. We are now in foreclosure and I am thinking of filing a complaint in small claims court. I work too hard for my money to have someone take it from me and get away with it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/31/2012 03:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Mortgage-Law-Group/internet/The-Mortgage-Law-Group-Promised-to-get-a-loan-modification-instead-took-our-money-and-di-962466. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Mortgage Law Group