Complaint Review: The NATO Strap Co.

• Submitted: Sat, December 21, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, December 21, 2013

• Reported By: Ufrid — Tempe Arizona
The NATO Strap Co.
Sherman Oaks, California USA

The NATO Strap Co., natostrapco.com and Jason Taras total scam, accepts money for his watch straps and doesn't ship, respond to inquiries or issue refunds Sherman Oaks California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: NATO Strap Co. - UNDER NEW OWNERSHIP

The NATO Strap Co., run by Jason Taras (aka Jay Taras) runs an online watch strap business out of his home in Sherman Oaks, CA.  He sells the straps on natostrapco.com and the site lists a full inventory of various watch straps.  I placed my order for a few straps (none of which were listed as 'out of stock' on the site) and didn't hear anything.  Finally, after a few days, I emailed the owner asking for an update.

Apparently the straps I ordered were out of stock.  Ok fine, just send it when it comes in.  Well it has been 6 weeks since I placed my order and I still haven't received the strap.  I've emailed him four (4) times asking for an update and haven't received a response from Mr. Taras.  My final email demanded a refund and still no response.  His website lists a '100% satisfaction guarantee' which is obviously untrue.

In conducting online research into natostrapco.com, I found a number of complaints on a watch forum site from customers having the same problems with The NATO Strap Co..

Jason Taras lists his products as available on his website.  He takes people's money for the products knowing that he actually doesn't have them or isn't able to ship the product.  Then, when asked for updates as to the status of an order, he refuses to respond or issue a refund.  That is theft and people should beware of this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/21/2013 06:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-NATO-Strap-Co/Sherman-Oaks-California/The-NATO-Strap-Co-natostrapcocom-and-Jason-Taras-total-scam-accepts-money-for-his-wat-1108803. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The NATO Strap Co.

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

NATO Strap Co. - UNDER NEW OWNERSHIP

AUTHOR: The Nato Strap Co. - ()

Dear NATO Strap Co. Customer:

I want to apologize to you and any other customer that has experienced an issue with The NATO Strap Co.  As the new owner of The NATO Strap Co., I want to assure you that our company’s only goal is to rectify any and all of the issues that have occurred over the last couple of months.  The truth is that the former owner of The NATO Strap Co. was simply unable to properly maintain the site due to circumstances entirely beyond his control.  I took ownership in mid-December and our team has been working tirelessly to resolve any open issues ever since.

I agree that your experience with our company is completely unacceptable.  For that, I again apologize.  Now that I am in charge, however, I want you and all of our customers to know that I am entirely committed to earning your trust again. My first and only goal is to resolve problems as quickly as possible and restore your full confidence in our ability to service your needs.  I want to assure you that The NATO Strap Co. is not a scam.  It is a site that is entirely dedicated to providing exceptional products and service to watch lovers around the world.

I would appreciate if your (and anyone who has had an issue with our site) contact us directly at info@natostrapco.com.  Please give us a chance to fix this for you. Thank you for your patience while we work to make The NATO Strap Co. the best it has ever been. I hope you will give natostrapco.com another chance. I look forward to showing you what we can do.

Sincerely,