Complaint Review: The National Small Business Alliance

• Submitted: Wed, April 14, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, August 25, 2005

• Reported By:Sierra Vista Arizona
The National Small Business Alliance
1201 Pennsylvania Ave, NW, Suite 300 Washington District Of Columbia 20004, Washington U.S.A.

The National Small Business Alliance Unsolicited PreApproval for Small Business Credit District Of Columbia Washington

*Consumer Comment: Hard to get off their calling lists

*Author of original report: What Would I Gain?

*Consumer Suggestion: DONT CALL MARIO!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: THE TRUTH

*Author of original report: What Would I Gain?

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: BUSINESS TO BUSINESS EXCLUSIVELY

After receiving a phone call from these people, I was told via recording that I had been approved for a small business line of credit.

The recording made it sound like it was something that I had applied for, when in fact, I had not.

My then concern was
1. How did they get my number
2. Did someone use my SSN
3. Why am I approved for a small business loan when I do not own a small business.

I then called them and I wanted removal from the list.

As far and I am concerned, the way they contacted me was unethical and I wonder where they bought their list of people from.

Seena
Sierra Vista, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/14/2004 05:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-National-Small-Business-Alliance/Washington-District-Of-Columbia-20004-Washington-20004/The-National-Small-Business-Alliance-Unsolicited-PreApproval-for-Small-Business-Credit-Dis-87675. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The National Small Business Alliance

Hard to get off their calling lists

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

I got NSBA's pre-recorded "approval" messages every so often (was I supposed to be impressed?) and just hung up on 'em until finally I decided their unsolicited telemarketing was getting bothersome.

So when I got their next pre-record on 5/3/04, I punched thru to the operator and asked to be added to their do-not-call list. I was assured that my request would be honored.

I got their pre-record again on 6/1/04. Again, I punched thru to the operator and asked to be added to their do-not-call list. I was assured that my request would be honored.

I got their pre-record again on 8/5/04. Again, I punched thru to the operator and asked to be added to their do-not-call list. I was assured that my request would be honored. But I also found their number on the web and left a voice message stating that I was having no luck in stopping their phone calls.

Dennis Mario promptly called me back and said I'd be removed from their calling lists.

I got their pre-recorded solicitation again on 8/25/04 and I left a message for Mr. Mario again. He promptly turned the matter over to Mr. Dansby there at NSBA who promptly contacted me and, in the end, I haven't gotten their solicitations again in the year that's elapsed since then.

So to those who want to stop getting NSBA's pre-recorded "approvals", I don't know what to tell ya. Perhaps go ahead and contact Mr. Mario. He seems straight-forward enough. But you may need to follow up with him more than once. And anyway, shouldn't one do-not-call request made to their operator be enough?

BTW, anybody know how a small business can get off of the business lists which telemarketers rent or purchase? Or is it naive to think that that's
even possible?

What Would I Gain?

AUTHOR: Seena - (U.S.A.)

Again, you didn't answer my question.

What do I have to solve at this point and what would I gain by talking to you other then to hear you try to defend your company?

The fact is that I do not own a business, I never have registered a business in the USA and I am not even a American citizen.

If your only defense is that you contacted me from a list that was sold to you then I advise that you double check your resources.

You lump me in with the people that complain about your hidden charges. Fact is that you called me to tell me that I was approved for an 8k loan for a small business when in fact, I do not have one.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

DONT CALL MARIO!

AUTHOR: Bradley - (U.S.A.)

Seena, DONT CALL MARIO!, if you call him, he is just going to record your number again, match it with your name and whatever other info he can squeeze out of you, then sell it to a marketing scam...BE WARNED!

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

THE TRUTH

AUTHOR: Dennis Mario - (U.S.A.)

It appears people are quick to place blame or complain. When I ask them to call to discuss, no one does. Why are the complainers afraid of hearing the truth or being proven wrong?

I am willing to talk to you and them one-on- one. Why doesn't anyone follow through? Obviously, I do.

What Would I Gain?

AUTHOR: Seena - (U.S.A.)

In all honesty, while I cannot speak for the others who did not call you, but why would I call you?

I do not have a small business, I do not need a loan. What would I gain except to hear you defend your company?

#6 REBUTTAL Owner of company

BUSINESS TO BUSINESS EXCLUSIVELY

AUTHOR: Dennis Mario - (U.S.A.)

Seena,

We only solicit BUSINESSES not individuals. In order for us to call you, your telephone HAD to appear on commercially available Business lists provided by the top list providers in the country.

We do NOT have access to anyone's social security number nor their credit file.

As I have done with the 4 other individuals, I am asking you to call me at the numbers below.

Please note that not one of the four has even attepted to call me to discuss their situation. What does that tell you?

NATIONAL SMALL BUSINESS ALLIANCE, INC.
760-322-5572 Direct