Complaint Review: The NaturEar Company

• Updated: Tue, February 02, 2010

• Reported By: Barry — Putnam Connecticut United States of America
The NaturEar Company
3225 Clifford Drive Internet United States of America

The NaturEar Company Deceptive Advertising, sub standard product, potential lly further damaging to existing hearing problems, Failure To Honor Warranty Internet

I purchased a Hearing Aid from these people over the Internet relying upon their advertising. Such advertisin clearly states that if the product isn't satisfactory, it may be returned for refund within 60 days. That proved to be lie number one. Lie number two and a very small one, however it contributes to the whole picture is that they charged me $8.95 for a product they alleged was out of stock and would be shipped in a week. It wasn't shipped three weeks later. It's part of their alleged overall scheme, grab as much as you can, and if the product doesn't perform as advertised, or perform at all, other than in a negative way, simply stone wall the customer, unless it's a tenacious customer who starts writing to the right agencies and finally retains an attorney. Then they generusly offer to take the garbage they sell back for a 10% restocking fee. Given my experiences they could problably make a living off of restocking fees. The product simply doesn't work. If you are real persistent they threaten you with their big shot DE Lawyer who is going to preserve their alleged sterling national reputation. In my case they did finally offer to send my money back less the requisite 10% but the new catch. They need 30 to 45 days to process a return. It takes AT&T about 45 seconds to authorize a credit card return, but this small time alleged rip off in LA needs 45 days. I should also point out that the feed back one gets when on th ephone with their Hearing Aid in place can possibly do damage to already damaged hearing. In my case I have retained counsel. I would welcome anyone who cares to join and create a class action. I have filed with the Better Business Bureau because they are members in good standing...Lord only knows how. I have filed with the Federal Trade Commission for deceptive advertising, and I am about to have my ENT physician evaluate my hearing now as opposed to before obtaining their product. I have now purchased a real hearing aid from a reputable source. The difference is amazing. The experiences I've related are my own personal expereinces. Other people may have experienced better or worse results with these people.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2010 08:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-NaturEar-Company/internet/The-NaturEar-Company-Deceptive-Advertising-sub-standard-product-potential-lly-further-563765. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The NaturEar Company