Complaint Review: The Neat Company

• Submitted: Mon, February 07, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, February 07, 2011

• Reported By: Disgruntled Barbara — Fort Pierce Florida United States of America
The Neat Company
3401 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA Internet United States of America

The Neat Company NeatCo False Advertising Internet

I ordered a 30-trial TV offer from the Neat Company on 1/1/11 where they offer the use of both their NeatReceipts (NR4_TV) and NeatDesk (ND1_TV) on a 30 day basis to try the product which organizes your paperwork via scanning to the computer. The product appears to be worthwhile and they offered me to try both models to see which one I wanted on a 30-day trial and charged my cc as agreed with $29.90.

The merchandise was shipped on 1/7/11 and billed to my debit card that day. Today on 2/7/11 I called for the return authorization of the desk model and was told the 30 days started on 1/1 when I placed the order, not on 1/7 when they actually shipped or 2/9 when I actually received the merchandise! They stated I could not return EITHER item as the 30 days was over on 2/1.

Now their e-mail informed today (2/7) me they have now charged by card with another $99.95 with a balance due of $449.70 and $49.95 with a balance due of $549.65 on two seperate e-mails! I am contesting the charges with my bank and cancelled my card so they cannot slip any other charges on me. What a deceptive ripoff!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2011 11:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Neat-Company/internet/The-Neat-Company-NeatCo-False-Advertising-Internet-691899. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Neat Company