Complaint Review: The New Connection

• Submitted: Wed, June 11, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, June 11, 2008

• Reported By:Long Beach California
The New Connection
P.O. Box 300425 Midwood, New York U.S.A.

The New Connection / Www.thenewconnection.com False advertising, price changing, nasty customer service Midwood New York

I ordered a Cannon Powershot A720 that was advertised for $169.00 plus free accessory kit (cleaning package, tripod and case). It sure looked too good to be true. And it was. An our or so after I ordered it, a guy with a nasty attitude calls me to tell me that the advertised camera is a Chinese model that doesn't have U.S. warranty and an English manual. But that if I wanted the U.S. model, then it would be $29 dollars extra. I agreed verbally thinking that at $198 was still a good price since it came with a "free" kit. But my gut told me differently, so I called back and tried to cancel the order. After waiting over 20 minutes, another guy tells me that if I cancel, then they would charge 15% restocking fee. Keep in mind that this was a couple hours after I ordered it. I didn't want to pay for nothing, so I agreed not to cancel the order thinking it was going to be fine. Then I got the camera about a week later. The camera looks fine, but it was an open item and there was no "free" kit included. I called them about the kit, and they said I had to pay shipping for it, so I refused. I'm hoping the camera doesn't give me any problems because I would hate having to deal with them again.

Lesson, if it looks too good to be true. It must be. Do your research and NEVER buy anything from these guys again!

Long Beach, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/11/2008 09:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-New-Connection/Midwood-New-York-11230/The-New-Connection-Wwwthenewconnectioncom-False-advertising-price-changing-nasty-cus-339227. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The New Connection