Complaint Review: The New Connection

• Updated: Tue, July 08, 2008

• Reported By:Lenexa Kansas
The New Connection
http://www.thenewconnection.com Internet U.S.A.

The New Connection DON'T BUY ANTHING FROM THIS COMPANY --- TOTAL RIP-OFF & LIES Internet

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY --- IT IS A RIP-OFF & POSSIBLE SCAM!!

According to the website they deal with digital cameras, lenses & other electronic equipment. It was July 4th holiday & I orderd a Canon 17-55 F/2.8 lens & pouch for $113.99 I wasn't sure if this was a typo or what so I checked other prices on the website & some were higher & others lower, so I ordered it. Paid for it by credit card with a 1-2 day shipment. Total cost $133.98 -- figured I could use it for July 4th.
PROBLEM IS --- IT NEVER CAME.

I got the order confirmantion placed on 06/28/08 -- the RIP-OFF IS --- AFTER YOU MAKE THE PAYMENT --- they say on the order --- "Your recipt of an electornic or other form of order confirmation DOES NOT SIGNIFY our acceptance of your order, nor does it constitute confirmation of our offer to sell."

According to what I know, when yo sell an item on the internet, for a certain price, & the customers buy it, it is final. There is no mention of the purchase not being final ANYWHERE -- even when you place the order, so shouldn't the order be final? Yet, according to them, AFTER YOU PAY FOR IT, it's not final.

They don't mention this ANYWHERE on the site before you buy. WHY? Because it's a scam. They have real good prices showing, then you make the purchase, then they reject it -- yet they got your credit card information or other payment info. Yet, NOWHERE IS IT MENTIONED on the website that your order may be rejected! Yet, the picture & description of the itmes purchased are as clear as it could be --- on the order page is showed the lens & the price. YET, when I email them about it, I get an email back saying "order canceled". No explanation -- nothing.

Since I made that order --- they have totally changed the website too! The only thing is --- when I make an order on the internet -- I copy every page so I have proof of the order --- THIS COMPANY SHOULD NOT BE IN BUSINESS. THEY ARE LIARS!

SO BUYERS BEWARE !!!

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM "The New Connection". They do not stand behind what they offer to sell ----- DON'T TRUST THEM. So to protect yourself, look at other websites, but don't do business with this company.

Mark
Lenexa, Kansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2008 10:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-New-Connection/internet/The-New-Connection-DONT-BUY-ANTHING-FROM-THIS-COMPANY-TOTAL-RIP-OFF-LIES-Internet-348691. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The New Connection