Complaint Review

800-325-2972
Category:
Infomercial Rip-offs

The New England Mint Obama Commemorative Coins Scam Internet Internet

*Consumer Comment: 6-8 weeks. All those TV type ads say this.

Fact #1: On or about December 9, I responded to a TV ad and ordered through the New England Mint the Obama Commemorative coins and related items.

Fact #2: On or about December 12, I called the New England Mint's customer service number at (800) 325-2972 and spoke to a representative by the name of Matt. I told Matt that I wanted the items to be delivered before Christmas, otherwise I would cancel my order. He told me to check back the following week.

Fact #3: On or about December 15, I called the customer service number (800) 325-2972, and was kept on hold for over an hour before I hung up. I called later that evening, and again, was kept on hold for over an hour before hanging up.

Fact #4: On or about December 16, I called once again to confirm delivery of the items, but was unable to reach anyone at the New England Mint.

Fact #5: On or about December 17, I called the 1-800 number to cancel my order. I was on hold for over 1 1/2 hours before hanging up.

Fact #6: On or about December 18 to the date of this writing (Friday, December 26th), I have called and have been repeatedly kept on hold for well over an hour before hanging up.

These are the facts. I will settle this issue through my credit card company. However, I wanted to post this as a warning to all who are contemplating doing business with the NEW ENGLAND MINT. BE VERY CAREFUL!!!

Obeewon
Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/26/2008 08:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-New-England-Mint/internet/The-New-England-Mint-Obama-Commemorative-Coins-Scam-Internet-Internet-405153. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The New England Mint

6-8 weeks. All those TV type ads say this.

AUTHOR: Aaron - (U.S.A.)

Dec 9th is too late to get something off a TV ad in time for xmas.
MORE FEATURED REPORTS