Complaint Review: The Original Mattress Factory, Cornelius, NC

• Updated: Thu, July 05, 2012

• Reported By: Clarice — Huntersville North Carolina United States of America
The Original Mattress Factory, Cornelius, NC
20910 Torrence Chapel Road Internet United States of America

The Original Mattress Factory, Cornelius, North Carolina Just avoid purchases from any location of The Original Mattress Factory Internet

*Author of original report: My concerns addressed professionally

I've returned to comment on my experience with The Original Mattress Factory mattress. Initially reported back in 2007 regarding the sagging of a 10-year warranty mattress after 16 months on a Legacy Pillow Top Set (Mattress and Box Spring).

After many emails, letters and finally including the BBB of Charlotte, I had one tech come out
and tell me the steel frame on my bed wasn't strong enough to support me and my mattress...I'm 5'4 about 160#, a little overweight but not obese...so I just smirked when he made some adjustments to my frame that raised the head of the mattress so when I laid down I felt I was going to slip off the bottom of the mattress. My tucked in sheets would save me. I thought about this solution for a while and then said no this is WRONG.

So I contacted the factory, the BBB and OMF came out and gave me a new steel mattress frame with center supports and a new mattress and begged me to flip my mattress no less than every 6 months...which I have been doing religiously even though it's a chore for an old grammy. Well, it's been about 2 1/2 years into this mattress and it's sagging again. Mind you there's a 10 year warranty on this Legacy set I purchased. I can assure you there is no Legacy here.

There warranty states the warranty does not cover body impressions otherwise known as mattress sag... Wording is so important. I can tell you that I have an England, Inc. sofa and love seat that I probably lay on more than my mattress, have had it over 5 years and there's no sign of sag or body impressions....I do flip those cushions as often as the mattress and the sofa is holding up way better than the mattress made for sleeping.

So in a nutshell, don't buy from The Original Mattress Factory if you're expecting no sags. I'll just go to bed every night and fall into my little sink hole and sleep like a bug in a rug or a pea in a pod.

Joking aside. I'm not satisfied that 2 1/2 years into a 10 year warranty my mattress is showing signs of sagging.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2011 08:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Original-Mattress-Factory-Cornelius-NC/internet/The-Original-Mattress-Factory-Cornelius-North-Carolina-Just-avoid-purchases-from-any-loc-694496. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Original Mattress Factory, Cornelius, NC

My concerns addressed professionally

AUTHOR: Clarice - (USA)

The OMF has addressed my concerns professionally and I no longer have a dispute. They have been more than fair with their negotiations and the case is settled.