Complaint Review: The Outboard Shop

• Updated: Wed, September 19, 2012

• Reported By: Intrepid — Delray Beach Florida United States of America
The Outboard Shop
1585 N. DIxie Hwy Internet United States of America

The Outboard Shop Appaling experience..... I spent $20k in their shop $15k of which was labor. It took them four months to do two weeks of work. When I received my boat back it was missing numerous items they claimed, Internet

Appalling experience..... I spent $20k in their shop $15k of which was labor. It took them four months to do two weeks of work. When I received my boat back it was missing numerous items they claimed were still on the boat. I was billed for "meetings" and "systems checks." I've owned three boats and have never been billed for a shop checking their own work or meeting about a project. Even after all of that I ONLY WANTED TOP QUALITY WORK and I received a boat back with not only irritating issues but three major safety issues. After all their guarantees of being "perfectionists" and "that they've been around 40 years." I now find myself paying to having their work taken apart and redone to have a fully functioning and safe boat again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2012 03:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Outboard-Shop/internet/The-Outboard-Shop-Appaling-experience-I-spent-20k-in-their-shop-15k-of-which-was-l-943683. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Outboard Shop