Complaint Review: The Overlook Apartments

• Submitted: Thu, July 16, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, July 16, 2009

• Reported By:san antonio Texas
The Overlook Apartments
4934 Woodstone Dr San Antonio, Texas U.S.A.
  • Phone: 210-6906040
  • Web:
  • Category: Realtors

The Overlook Apartments San Antonio Tx scam, false advertising, false pretenses, bad business San Antonio Texas

*Consumer Suggestion: Call Texas department of Real Estate

I recently used, Apartment Hunters in San Antonio, Tx to find a new apartment. On the first visit I explained what my credit was like and my financial situation. We then visited The Overlook apartments, who at the time was running a great move in special it was 199.00 no rent til September. I explained to them that my credit was far from the best, they insisted they could help and advised me that if i gave them the 199.00 I would be able to move into the apartment. At the time I did not have the full 199.00. I then asked them if I gave them 160.00 if they would hold the apartment they said they would and that they were going to do a credit check and background check and would get back with me in a couple of days. Three days passed and then I got the phone call that i had been denied for the apartment. So naturally I assumed that I would be able recapture some of the money that i put down.

I know that background checks and credit checks arent free. I do not mind paying reasonable amounts for them. However they kept my money and when i asked them if any of the money was refundable she then stated that the money that i had put down to secure the apartment was not refundable, she then told me that it was for an administration fee and that i could not be returned any of the money. So I paid 160.00 and walked away with nothing. I think that would be considered a RIP OFF. If the leasing office at The Overlook, would not have led me to believe that I would be securing the apartment and that I would qualify for the apartment I would have never given them any money. Beware of The Outlook and Apt-Hunters.

I also have contacted the APT-HUNTERS, who reffered me to The Overlook they advised me that it was not there problem but between, The Overlook and myself.

Moket
san antonio, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2009 03:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Overlook-Apartments/San-Antonio-Texas-78230/The-Overlook-Apartments-San-Antonio-Tx-scam-false-advertising-false-pretenses-bad-busin-470502. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Overlook Apartments

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Call Texas department of Real Estate

AUTHOR: Jack - (U.S.A.)

Call Trec or call the local apartment association and or a tenets rights organization. Start complaining call and start asking for real estate license numbers. They will give you back your money before. You file complaints against there license. Trec Will be able to help you or point you to someone that will help you.