Complaint Review: The Paragon

• Reported By: Cara F. — Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
The Paragon
PO Box 4068 Lawrenceburg, Indiana USA

The Paragon False Advertisement Lawrenceburg Indiana

I received a catalog from them saying I had $400 credit for as little as $25/mo.  I placed an order with them and received a letter stating that because of my credit they wanted 10% down which totaled $12.95.  I had since cancelled that order & placed a slightly higher order of $152 so I sent them $20. They then sent me a letter saying they wanted 33% down. Fine--I already paid them $20 so I sent $30.14. Well, the first check they applied to the cancelled order even though I crossed off that number on the payment slip and wrote the new order # on that slip and my check.  So, I figured since I already paid $20 I'd send them a check for  $30.14.  In the meantime I called customer service and had the woman take a few items off of that order bringing my total down to $80.  On Wed I tried to track my order online and my acct was no longer accessible.  I called and was handed over to 3 separate people.  No one could explain why I couldn't access my order online but was assured once my payment was received it would be processed.  I called today after I saw that my 2nd check had cleared on 9-12-13 and was told the most ludicrous excuse I've ever heard. She said that since my check wasn't for the full amount of $50.14 that they cancelled my order.  I asked her what about the $20 I already sent and she said that even though I crossed out the cancelled order # it was still applied to the cancelled order because it was sent in with that slip. What???  I had an account # with them so why wasn't it just applied to my account and not some stupid order #?  When they put the old order number in couldn't they see it was cancelled?  Why should I have to pay the whole $50.14?  What about the $20 I already sent?  Where is that?  That would mean I'd have paid them $70.14 for a roughly $80 order when all they were requiring was 33% down.  They never even mentioned or realized that the $30.14 alone was more than 33% for the $80 order so why cancel it?  Anyway, I fell for their "Buy Now, Pay Later" platinum credit offer only to first be told I needed 10% down because of my credit then 33% down because of my credit only to have my order cancelled by them and then when I asked when will I be reimbursed she tells me it could take a month.  I really don't want reimbursed.  I want my $80 order of which I've already paid $50.14 towards it.  It's been almost a month now and I have nothing to show for all this aggravation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/14/2013 11:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Paragon/Lawrenceburg-Indiana-47025/The-Paragon-False-Advertisement-Lawrenceburg-Indiana-1084496. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Paragon