Complaint Review: The Party Ride

• Reported By: Annette — Englewood New Jersey United States of America
The Party Ride
1208 Suffolk Avenue Brentwood, New York United States of America

The Party Ride distress 24 Brentwood, New York

I contracted with The Party Ride on January 25,2011. For service for February 5,2011.When the day arrived, I was called at 9:15 by the bus driver (Desiree) & was told that she was 20 minutes away from Englewood NJ. She began to tell me that her bus had some trouble & that the door could not close. She also added that another bus would take 1hr to get to her. By this time I was upset. I contracted a bus for 9:30pm. 2 hrs after I was suppose to have my bus, some of my guests & I had to help Desiree clean the bus.

The buses odor was unbearable because prior to her getting to me someone else had the bus & was not done till 10. Before we pulled out she told me I had to make the payment. We sat in the front & I gave her $1200, which was my balance. She pulled out her phone & began to calculate her gratuity. If I am not mistaken it says clients note: GRATUITY TO THE DRIVER IS AT THE CLIENTS DISCRETION. She told me I had to give her $500. The buses ipod deck was not working that was my entertainment for the bus.

The bathroom door was not working & my guest was locked inside, when I went to the front to tell Desiree, she gave me a screwdriver and told me to go jimmy the door.  When on route Desiree told me I had to give her $500 or she was going to shut the party down. Desiree was extorting my guest and I. I had to give her my birthday spending money so she could continue my trip. We arrived at Atlantic City at 2:30am by that time my festivities were over. The club was closed, and the show we were going to was over with. I am disappointed with the service. I called her at 5:30am & told her to please pick us up at 6:30 am she told me to let her sleep because she was tired.

She did not show up until 7:30 to pick up my guest & I. She was speeding the whole ride home.  Due to the extremely uncomfortable circumstances a refund is the least that I expect. I have been calling the company since February 7,2011 trying to talk to Stacey leaving messages with her secretary, coworkers, and even voicemails. They do not want to come to any resolution I asked for a refund of $800, which would leave them with a balance of $1200. I thank you for your time and cooperation and helping me with this matter.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/21/2011 04:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Party-Ride/Brentwood-New-York-11717/The-Party-Ride-distress-24-Brentwood-New-York-698208. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Party Ride