Complaint Review: The Party Ride

• Reported By: Danielle — Staten Island New York United States of America
The Party Ride
50-19 49th St. Woodside, New York United States of America

The Party Ride Never Showed Up Woodside, New York

*Consumer Comment: DEE DEE is the BIGGEST SCAMMER AND LIAR!!!!

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Staten Island Event Displeasure & Complaint

We rented a 30 passenger party bus for our daughters 13th birthday party on 12/15/2012.  The bus was suppose to pick us up at 7pm. By 7:15pm we decided to call the company (especially since we haven't heard from them since Thurs.).  The phone just rang and rang....no machine, no business message at all.  I'm thinking this is strange and my husband is thinking it's a internet hoax...Sad part is we have 20 kids standing out in the cold awaiting for the party to start...I gave up by 8:10pm.  We had to shuttle everyone to the bowling alley (with food/drinks/decorations etc.).  This morning (12/17/12) when I contact they company, no one knows nothing.  The manager Dee Dee (ugh) suggest she will waiver our balance (which we paid 95% of our rental) and send a Pink bus this up and coming Saturday for the party. I asked her was she serious and all I want from them is my money back. Of course during the reservation the staff was very helpful but after my dissapointment, they were hasty/nasty. The call ended on a bad note and a threat.

Funny thing is my daughter and I seen one of their buses on the road and it looked old and ratty.  When I double checked to ask the year of the vehicles, I was informed 2009-2011.  That bus was very ratched looking.

Please do not use this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2012 12:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Party-Ride/Woodside-New-York-11377/The-Party-Ride-Never-Showed-Up-Woodside-New-York-983298. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Party Ride

DEE DEE is the BIGGEST SCAMMER AND LIAR!!!!

AUTHOR: Alexislgrafal - ()

I had an extremely similiar situation happen just last week and when I contacted DEE DEE she informed me that she just bought out the party ride and was not responsible for my refund. Clearly she is a scammer and has been doin this for months if not years! These people are contacted to provided a service and try to use technicalities to get out of their terrible and misleading business failures. I found out that the original owner has been indicted for numerous charges and lost his party bus company and DEE DEE is showing new buses out of a depot in Woodside which are not even capable of being driven because of leins, so if she even decides to send out a bus it is an old bus used from another company and for the people that dont get a bus, well they are left with the run around! I will be contacting everysingle person I can to file a class action suit against this woman and EVERYONE involved!! And DO NOT BELIEVE that last post about consumers being rude and her just trying to help. She does everything but try to help!!!! She takes your hard earned money!

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Staten Island Event Displeasure & Complaint

AUTHOR: The Party Ride - (United States of America)

When the call came in regarding this issue. Not only did staff apologize for the incovenience and when I attempted to work out a resolution the customer kept cutting me off and did not allow me to get far enough to give work out a resolution with her. All companies have issue when they are in transportation. We have two buses the pink color and one is newly renovated. We do everything to accommodate, we are not different than the airlines, or bus industry, or even hotel and car rental chains. We offered to provide the bus at a significant discount of $350. That was for the incovenience. Client wanted the bus for free. Can any company, government or private operate if everyone with an issue gets the service for free. The airlines and bus companies over book, crash, break down, and have serious major delays. They never pay you money, if you miss your flight or get bumped all they get is " There is nothing I can do" We apologize for the incovenience over and over again. We never claim or advertise perfection however, we do have many satisfied companies, with 20 buses and serivce areas from Maine to Virginia we accommodate numerous clients and do have proven success records. Client chose to pay 90% of their bill in advance and I offered them a replacement vehicle and date for 77%of the original bill that was the $350 off. 77% of the bill that is not fair??