• Report: #1001915

• Submitted: Wed, January 23, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, January 23, 2013

• Reported By: Dave — Saint John Indiana United States of America
The Penn Warranty Corporation
Hanover Industrial Estates 1081 Hanover St. Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania United States of America

The Penn Warranty Corporation I purchased a vehicle that included a warranty from Penn Warranty Corporation. A month later, i needed to file a claim it was denied Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania

On October 20, 2012 I purchased a used vehicle from a local dealership for $3727.08. This vehicle included a 3 month or 4000 mile(whichever comes first) warranty from Penn Warranty Company.  On November 27, 2012 the vehicle I purchased began making a loud clanging noise.  This was well within the 3 months or 4000 miles stipulated in the warranty.

I took the vehicle to my mechanic, with the contract and warranty papers.  He contacted Penn Warranty Company to query how they wanted to proceed.  He was informed that Penn Warranty Company had no paperwork for the vehicle I purchased. My mechanic called me.

I called Penn Warranty Company to see where the mix up was.  They asked me to resubmit the papers, I was assured they would then process the warranty.  I re-sent the contract and the associated paperwork.

On Dec 5, after receiving no response from the Warranty Company, the mechanic contacted the comapny again.  He was informed that the warranty had been denied.  He informed me, the work needed on my recently purchased vehicle would not be covered by the Waranty I had purchased.

I have been to the Better Business Bureau,  Penn Warranty Company will not honor the contract I purchased.

It did seem odd that, in 2012, the company insists on still using the USPS and paper.  With no electronic date/time stamp, the company can decline everyone who files a claim stating "we never received the papers".

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2013 11:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Penn-Warranty-Corporation/Wilkes-Barre-Pennsylvania-18706/The-Penn-Warranty-Corporation-I-purchased-a-vehicle-that-included-a-warranty-from-Penn-Wa-1001915. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Penn Warranty Corporation