Complaint Review: The Phoenix Agency

• Updated: Wed, June 15, 2011

• Reported By: Byron — Albuquerque New Mexico United States of America
The Phoenix Agency
8809 Washington Ave NE Albuquerque, New Mexico United States of America

The Phoenix Agency Janice Lujan STOLE HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS FROM ME AND NEVER PROVIDED SERVICES Albuquerque, New Mexico

*UPDATE Employee: This report is a lie

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Ex Partner makes up lies to start their own competing agency

One year ago today, I was referred to The Phoenix Agency by several false reviews which are on www.Google.com.  I was very new to the business and the owner, Janice Lujan was waiting for a sucker like me to come along.  She told me that if I didnt spend a minimum of $350.00 for a photo shoot AS WELL AS $150.00 to appear on her website, then she would not represent me.  When everything was finished, my total amount spent was in excess of $1000.00.  I never got any work, and I never got any auditions.  ALSO- I never received my photos! I paid all that money for NOTHING!  I read about opportunities for New Mexico Films from the newspaper and booked my OWN work several months ago!!  She had the audacity to DEMAND 10% OF MY INCOME EVEN THOUGH SHE DIDNT BOOK ME A JOB!!!
As of today, Janice will no longer represent me because she claims I owe her another $150.00 for her website.  I contacted another local talent agency to explore my options and I was shocked at what they had to say:
According to the Screen Actors Guild, The Phoenix Agency is not allowed to charge for ANY service they provide.  This includes: photos, websites, comp cards, etc.  In addition, she is not permitted to have auditions at her office.  Even though I have NEVER had an audition, I know several people who have attended them at her office on numerous occasions.
Ive tried to contact Janice Lujan via phone, e-mail AND in person and she refuses to speak to me.  I requested a refund for a portion of the money I wasted on her illegal operation so she forced her innocent assistant to tell me "nothing could be done".  I have had an attorney contact The Phoenix Agency as well...His call was never returned either.  It now seems as though I have no choice but to file a lawsuit against Ms. Lujan, possibly a class action suit along with the others she has scammed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/03/2011 04:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Phoenix-Agency/Albuquerque-New-Mexico-87110/The-Phoenix-Agency-Janice-Lujan-STOLE-HUNDREDS-OF-DOLLARS-FROM-ME-AND-NEVER-PROVIDED-SERVI-725181. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Phoenix Agency

This report is a lie

AUTHOR: Rick - ()

Hello my name is Rick and I am an actor represented by this agency for about 2 years now. And to be completley honest this agency has never asked me for money for photos or web-sits. For the simple fact I provided my own professional headshots which is something you need in this business in order to be submitted to casting directors for auditions.  And if this person didn't have any I don't see anything wrong with getting help from people that know what you need to succeed in this business. This company has sent me on many auditions where I landed a New Mexico natural gas commercial. They also sent me on an auditon for a tv show called In Plain Site for a re occuring role as one of the detectives along with many other speaking roles in TV/Films. I will vouch for this agency 100% they are legit and will work hard to see you succeed

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Ex Partner makes up lies to start their own competing agency

AUTHOR: Janice Lujan - (United States of America)

This is a false claim made by a scammy competitor who spends
their time defaming our agency rather that working to help the talented actors and models of New Mexico secure auditions and bookings.

Our agency is open 5 days a week for our actors to pick up and drop off headshots and resumes for their auditions, it is impossible that the person in this fake story would not have access to their photos. The Phoenix
Agency booked over 500 projects in 2010 and plans to double that in 2011.

Unfortunately we

cannot guarantee work for everyone (our clients make booking decisions, not us)

however, we do everything we can to

insure our talent is marketed to every project in the Southwest that fit their

profile.

The Phoenix Agency does NOT hold auditions.. we send taped

submissions to large markets like LA and NY to GET auditions.  We are the only agency in NM that

does this.

this would certainly not be something an actor would complain about..only a dis-honest

competitor trying to defame our agency.

Furthermore, Lawsuits are public record and any person with

a computer can look up our agency and see that no lawsuits of this kind or any

other have ever existed.

Again, this made up story is conjured up by someone who

should have spent their time working to actually help Talent in New

Mexico.  Our offices are always open to our Actors and Models for

appointments and just a phone call or e-mail away

Any questions: e-mail me: janice@phxtalent.com

Good luck to you  on