Complaint Review: The Phone Support.com

• Updated: Fri, February 28, 2014

• Reported By: JayP — Conroe Texas
The Phone Support.com
www.thephonesupport.com internet, Select State/Province USA

The Phone Support.com /Live PC Help/Teletweak installed two different software removal programs on my computer internet

I had been having issues with my computer. After using various fixit software, windows directed me to the action center which is a part of windows. The message said to update my K7 files because they were either out of date or missing. I didnt know what K7 was & never heard of them. I went to the K7 website and there was nothing to update, only purchase. After contacting them they sent me a K7 removal program even though they didnt know what I was talking about. There was no K7 software on my system & didnt want it anyway. I contacted windows and they didnt use K7 even as a vendor. I was stumped & turned the computer off until I had time to deal with it.

Yesterday morning I ran my usual virus/malware utility software and saw nothing unusual. I checked my firewall and it had been turned off, I fixed it and went on about my business. A minute later I got a notification to check the firewall and it had been turned off again. This was scary, it seemed like me & someone else was on my computer at the same time. I turned it off for the rest of the day.

This morning while checking my email on another computer I decided to turn on the laptop to check the firewall, of course it was off so I turned it back on. While dealing with this issue for about a week now the email program has been off (on the laptop) and this morning I noticed it was working again. I went into my email & got out, waited a minute and checked it again,it wasnt working again. I finally go to my desktop and noticed I had an Icon that I'd never seen before, it was a virus/malware removal program. This bothered me because of the 1st incodent with the K7 software. I didnt run the software but did check its properties giving me its proper name "Teletweak" so I looked it up on the internet, saw what it was & uninstalled it. When I got back to the desktop I noticed another Icon "PC Phone Help" or something like that wording. Now I was P/O'ed and ready to jump in waste deep. After following up on both of these software names I saw where they had the same phone#. I then ran the phone# and found a site that complained about how these people would go on-line into your computer and tell you what you needed to do to fix your computer. Turns out they would sell you software to remedy the problem and in some cases you would have to buy different programs to treat various situations. I saw where people were calling trying to get their money back only to get the run-around instead of a refund. I havent  contacted them as of yet but I can pretty much figure out what they do. There is no hard proof but after putting things together I truley believe this is a crooked business and rip people off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2014 01:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Phone-Supportcom/internet-Select-StateProvince/The-Phone-Supportcom-Live-PC-HelpTeletweak-installed-two-different-software-removal-pr-1127349. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Phone Support.com