Complaint Review: The Pittsburgh Art Institute

• Submitted: Sun, November 18, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, November 18, 2012

• Reported By: Norman Hall — Danville Virginia United States of America
The Pittsburgh Art Institute

The Pittsburgh Art Institute misleading students who use their online courses Internet

I started the Pittsburgh Art Institute online program to work toward my photography degree.  Since the beginning of my classes I have had nothing but issues in regards to funding.  I started out with a financial representative named Erin Mays who was unhelpful at best.  She couldn't give me answers about my funding, she rarely returned calls and was essentiall useless.  I started as a part-time student working toward my bachelor degree. It was determined after I had spent nearly two years and well over 20 thousand dollars that I wouldn't have enough money to complete my degree.  So Erin Mays changed me to a certificate program.  Suddenly, although I reduced my course I had a bill of $7,000.00 due from me.  I spoke wth Erin Mays who eventually notified me through an email that I didn't owe that money and was not responsible for it.  Erin Mays was removed as my financial advisors and replaced by Scott Shultzs.  I began getting collection phone calls from the school regarding the $7,000.00 but was told by Scott and Jack (director of finance) that I didn't owe the money and they were working to resolve the issue.  Now neither one will take my phone calls, I can't get transcripts to transfer all the the work I have done from this school to any other school and no one will tell me if they have the issue resolved.  This is a clear case of fraud and I would caution anyone from attending this school.  I am not the only student who has issue when it comes to financial issues.  I have read over and over again in the "student lounge" online student's complaining that when they get to the end of their schooling there isn't enough money to finish their degrees and they have to take out personal loans to complete their schooling.  I am a disabled man who was injured in a car accident.  I qualified for student loans and pell grants and have been wrongly treated by this school.  Students beware!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/18/2012 12:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Pittsburgh-Art-Institute/internet/The-Pittsburgh-Art-Institute-misleading-students-who-use-their-online-courses-Internet-970992. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Pittsburgh Art Institute