Complaint Review: The Place Furniture Galleries

• Submitted: Mon, July 20, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, July 20, 2009

• Reported By:Coram New York
The Place Furniture Galleries
1660 Broadhollow Rd Farmingdale, New York U.S.A.

The Place Furniture Galleries Promised furniture in 8-10 weeks and is now 6 months later.. still no furniture Farmingdale New York

I ordered a sectional couch on Feb. 16 2009 and was told it would be delivered 8-10 weeks. Well the time came and went and I didn't even receive a phone call to tell me the status of my order. I had to make the call only to be told that there was a delay in the manufacturing of my couch. I have been calling constantly to find out when my couch is going to be delivered and keep getting told the same story " the manufacturer is having problems filling the orders." "I'll let you know in a few weeks what the status is." Which never happens and I have to keep calling myself.

I called again today and was told the same story and that they would call the company and call me back tomorrow. I hung up and then called to speak to a manager and was told no one was available to talk to me. Then called back and asked to speak to Hector who was the salesman who sold me the couch. I told him my fustration and asked him if he could help me. He put me on hold which was picked up by another person who told me I needed to speak with Deborah the office manager, but she wasn't available to take my call. Suprise Surpise! So I have left another message. Do I expect to get a call back today? NO!
It's amazing how I NEEDED to make a decision about this couch and put $ down because the "Sale" was going to end. The sale that I paid over $4,000 and have yet to receive my order. I was told one time I called and demand money off was that they could only give me $150.00 off. I am so fustrated and angry I want to cancel this order. I don't even remember what the couch looks like anymore.
I bet if I went back there and acted like a new customer interested in the couch they would give me the same time frame that they originally gave me knowing that it can't be met.

STAY AWAY from this store. They lie over and over and make you feel like your a problem customer. When all I want is my furniture.

Wendy j
Coram, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2009 01:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Place-Furniture-Galleries/Farmingdale-New-York-11735/The-Place-Furniture-Galleries-Promised-furniture-in-8-10-weeks-and-is-now-6-months-later-471593. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Place Furniture Galleries