• Report: #20505

• Submitted: Thu, May 09, 2002
  • Updated: Sun, July 19, 2009

• Reported By:brooklyn Ny
The Place Furniture Galleries
1640 Broadhollow Road Farmingdale, New York U.S.A.

The Place Furniture Galleries ripoff--they lied!! they sold my diningroom set one day before delivery and lied!! Farmingdale New York

*UPDATE Employee: New Mangagement-Dedicated to change for the better

I ordered a dining room set on Janyary 27,2002 with a $1000 deposit. I requested an April/May delivery.

In April I called re the status of my order and was told to call the warehouse in Brooklyn to arrange delivery. I called and the date was set for May 2. I asked my Dean for the day off to accept delivery.

On May 1, I was told that my set had been damaged when tbey transferred it to the delivery truck and that they would call to arrrange a new delivery date.

They did not call me so I called them. After keeping me on the line for 20 minutes they had nothing to say except they would look into the matter and call me the next day. They did say that the piece that had been broken was the table.

Saturday I called the warehouse and was told that they did not have my set there. I called the store and was told they would look into the situation. They were to call me and they never did. Finally I reached someone and they said that it was my China Closet that had been damaged and they had to find when the next container was in with my duplicate set.

Monday, someone got back to me and they admitted that they "mistakenly" sold my dining room set, that it was discontinued and that they would be glad to make an adjustment on any set I should select.

I called the Mgr and was told that they had many sets by that manufacturer so I took the night off from my night school (at a cost of over $150 to me) and went all the way to Farmingdale. When I got there they promised to help but I was passed from one person to another and go NO satisfaction. When I asked for my money back, I was told to call to find out when they would mail me the check.

This is not acceptable. I spent hundred of dollars getting the room ready for a new dining room set. I bought a wall unit specifically to match the set. I went all the way oout there for nothing and now I am told to wait. How could they sell one set twice and lie to me.
This is ridiculous!
No one should shop there--learn from my bad experience

julia
broojlyn, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/09/2002 06:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Place-Furniture-Galleries/Farmingdale-New-York-11735/The-Place-Furniture-Galleries-ripoff-they-lied-they-sold-my-diningroom-set-one-day-befo-20505. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Place Furniture Galleries

AUTHOR: Julia - (U.S.A.)

Hi, I'd like to introduce myself, I am Julia Jones the New Customer Relations Manager for The Place Furniture Galleries. I was hired because ownership is committed to developing a new 'World Class' customer service department. The entire department has been overhauled with new policies and brimming with highly motivated customer service representatives, dedicated to serving you. I know in the past we have fallen short of your expectations but ownership has heard your complaints and is responding to your needs. I would like anyone interested to know that I am making every effort to contact Julia but as of yet have been unsuccessful. I will continue my attempts because I want to invite her to the store in order to meet with management and ownership. We would like to personally extend our apologies. Our only desire is to resolve the past in order to build a new relationship together, for a better future.

(631) 843-9393

New Mangagement-Dedicated to change for the better