Complaint Review: The Place Furniture Galleries

• Updated: Mon, January 14, 2013

• Reported By: QT — Paris Pennsylvania United States of America
The Place Furniture Galleries
Farmington, NY Farmington, New York United States of America

The Place Furniture Galleries The Furniture Plaza Fraud - Non Existent Sales People beamed in from space then beamed back up! Stole my money first! Farmington , New York

I contacted via email - the place furniture galleries at the end of November.  I did so directly from their website.  I have an armoire that needs the base.  They sold the base separately.  So I inquired on what the cost was.  I contacted one other company.  When Alex answered me right away I was very pleased.  They had a much higher cost than the other company that got back to me two days later.  Alex said he made a mistake and looked up the wrong item and that he would match the other company's price.  Since he was so quick to contact me and emailed me back right away I decided to go with this company for my purchase.

I was told 4-6 week delivery although the item was in stock.  Considering the other co told me the same thing, I went through with him.  My credit card was immediately charged.  Since the beginning of January I have tried emailing Alex and calling Alex. Mind you, Alex's email signature is @theplacefurnituregalleries.com - the phone number is the one on the place furniture galleries website and his title refers to online sales rep at the Place Furniture Galleries.  Alex doesn't answer emails nor do my phone calls get returned.  I call several times a day.  I even tried the customer service option.  They don't answer and after awhile you get disconnected.  I finally got someone to answer - b/c hey, who doesn't have time to keep calling over and over and over again?  This person said that they had an alternate phone number to try and that they couldn't help me since I ordered it on-line.  Called that number several times - no answer and no call back.

So I call back customer service about 8 times and finally get some woman named Kat.  Kat says that she works in the actual store.  These people I purchased from are a totally different company called the Furniture Plaza.  There is no relationship other than --- are you ready for it ---- they used a room in the back of the store "which is really big" and they weren't really ever seen.  They moved out a few weeks ago!  The only info they have is the new phone number!

Now I ask you --- what furniture store lets some "people" use a room in their furniture store to sell furniture that DOES NOT COME FROM the physical store they are working in?!?!  Poor Kat, she can't answer any of my questions.  Says the manager's name was Martin, no last name.  She can't help me, won't put an owner of the store on the line b/c they can't help me (or won't).

If this isn't a scam, I don't know what is.  Now I am disputing with my cc company who are very agreeable and all --- but I have to give these (language not appropriate) people 30 days to answer them!  And then they get all kind of concessions to dispute with me!  I have 1/2 a piece of furniture that looks like crap in my living room --- can't re-order from somewhere else unless I want to spend more money!  This wasn't a $30 purchase!!!  Other review sites - that I should have looked on first -- say the same thing.  I will report to the BBB and to the Consumer Frauds protection agency as someone else did.

Stay away from these companies!  I know better than this - should have checked them out first.  Usually have good experiences with on-line purchasing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2013 03:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Place-Furniture-Galleries/Farmington-New-York-/The-Place-Furniture-Galleries-The-Furniture-Plaza-Fraud-Non-Existent-Sales-People-beamed-996778. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Place Furniture Galleries