Complaint Review: The Pointe at Southern

• Updated: Thu, September 08, 2011

• Reported By: Angry — Statesboro Georgia United States of America
The Pointe at Southern
1699 Statesboro Place Cir Statesboro, Georgia United States of America

The Pointe at Southern Contract Violation and Horrible Staff Statesboro, Georgia

*Consumer Comment: Suggestion

The student housing at Georgia Southern referred me to the Pointe at Southern. I chose to use them as my housing for a semester before I eventually transferred. I signed a paper that nullified my contract and had my forwarding address on it when I sublet my apartment. This was in December of 2010 and it is currently early/mid September of 2011.

I have yet to be refunded my deposit, and have been cussed out for calling to many times by the manager Dustin at the Pointe at Southern. This is an ongoing problem and I have made many attempts for it to be resolved. I have called these morons on numerous occasions and have gotten nowhere. Eventually, they stopped answering and/or returning my calls. I am tempted to go through a legal route.

That was the final problem, but while living there I had many other issues they refused to resolve. The first being that it takes them at least two weeks to respond to a maintenance request. And when they do respond, it is sub-par work.

The second problem was with my roommate cursing me out and threatening to kill me because I didn't wash the dishes one night. Again the management at the apartment refused to assist me.

Also, every night there are constant parties and loud noises. Even during midterms and finals music, yelling, and partying can be heard. You cannot study in that kind of an environment. I reported this a numerous occasions and yet nothing came of it.

One time I was late by two days on paying my rent and had to pay a late fee; however, when they violate the contract I cannot collect an inconvenience charge.

These people are horrible and need to be shut down.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/08/2011 06:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Pointe-at-Southern/Statesboro-Georgia-30458/The-Pointe-at-Southern-Contract-Violation-and-Horrible-Staff-Statesboro-Georgia-774237. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Pointe at Southern

Suggestion

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

I am tempted to go through a legal route.
This may be the way to go.

Because in just about every jurisdiction there are regulations regarding deposits.  Generally they MUST be returned within 7-21 days.  If any(or all) of the money is withheld the landlord must notify them of the reason why.  If this is not done the renter can usually file suit.  If you prevail, again depending on the jurisdiction you may be able to recover additional "damages".  You are going to have to look up the regulations for your area, or consult a lawyer who can help you with this.

Now, in looking at what you said.  It appears you sub-let the apartment, but you also said you nullified your contract.  You really can't do both.  If you nullified(broke) your lease they may be able to recover additional fees.  If you sub-let the apartment you would still be considered a renter, and they may be able to hold your deposit until your actual lease is up.

Now, if what you actually meant was that you were able to get out of your lease once you found another renter.  If that is the case then your lease would have ended and the deposit requirements should be in effect.