Complaint Review: The Processing Network

• Submitted: Tue, January 15, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, January 15, 2013

• Reported By: Teresa — Owensboro Kentucky United States of America
The Processing Network
453 E. Olive St./405 18th Street Lawrenceville, Illinois United States of America

The Processing Network Jim Banks RIPPED OFF, THEN TOOK OFF, WOULD NOT ANSWER PHONE AFTER CURSING ME! Lawrenceville, Illinois

As a new business owner, I was approached by Jim Banks and was told he could save my business a lot of money by using his credit card processing company. He was so convincing with his slick words and PROMISED that he could make his system work for our service business. He guaranteed me that if his system was inoperable for our Salon business that he would gladly take it out and EVEN reset our previous system back up into operating order.

We tried 'his' credit card machine and system for almost a month. We were without a processor the majority of that time. We would call, he would show up or send someone to work on it and before they could be no farther than a few miles away, it would fail again. He began being very belligerent when I would have to call for help and began telling me to call customer service that it wasn't his problem and they should help me reset the machine, not him!

With 20 people working in our business, it was an impossible task to go without a card processor. I finally had to call back my previous card processor to use and when I call him to ask him to pick up his machine (which he promised during his negotiations to get our business), he cursed me and hung up the phone. I called repeatedly and he would not answer, we also tried using other phones within our business and when he heard my voice, he would hang up again.

It's been two years; I am still paying Northern Leasing Systems, Inc. for a lease agreement that Jim Banks promised he would NOT turn in until we were satisfied with the credit card processing machine that he had supplied. Beware consumers! Use local banks only for your credit card processing machines or KNOWN reputable companies.

I was ripped off by 'the traveling slick talking salesman' and am still paying $90.00 to $100.00 per month for another two years! My Lease contract was a 48 month lease with Northern with no option for legal outs of any kind. Although I'm sure that this man is still getting a cut on MY mistake and trust, I am paying a hefty price for NOTHING.....except an education to keep away from people who walk in the front door of my business in cheap clothes and carrying an assortment of papers!

And, just a footnote! I do NOT believe his rebuttal about a homeless woman that he took in who turned on him. I hope you won't either! I am a happily married lady of 35 years. A thief and a con-artist took me by surprise, too!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/15/2013 01:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Processing-Network/Lawrenceville-Illinois-62417/The-Processing-Network-Jim-Banks-RIPPED-OFF-THEN-TOOK-OFF-WOULD-NOT-ANSWER-PHONE-AFTER-C-997297. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Processing Network