Complaint Review: The Proud Bird

• Updated: Mon, June 25, 2012

• Reported By: Brenda S — los angeles California United States of America
The Proud Bird
11022 Aviation Blvd. Los Angeles, California United States of America

The Proud Bird The Proud Bird on Aviation The Proud Bird Charges More Money to Eat than Advertised Los Angeles, California

I treated my visiting relatives to brunch at The Proud Bird on Sunday, July 24, 2012.  I am on a very tight budget and thought long and hard on where to go with my tight budget.  I looked up the price on their website and thought "Okay, I can deal with $34.95 per person (5 adults).  With that said, I was prepared to pay approximately $175.00 ($34.95 X 5 adults) and about $15.00 in taxes.  I was also prepared to pay a 15% gratuity (even though the food is buffet style and self-served.)   When  I got the bill, they added $26.21 fee, which is a 15% fee for living wage and assess, NOT GRATUITY and it clearly states that it is not paid to staff!  This is clearly misleading and unfair, and I am unable to find if this fee is legal or not.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2012 04:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Proud-Bird/Los-Angeles-California-90045/The-Proud-Bird-The-Proud-Bird-on-Aviation-The-Proud-Bird-Charges-More-Money-to-Eat-than-Ad-902697. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Proud Bird