Complaint Review: The Publishers - selectyourfreegifts.com

• Submitted: Wed, April 02, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, December 09, 2009

• Reported By:Manhattan Kansas
The Publishers - selectyourfreegifts.com
Fort Lauderdale, Florida U.S.A.

selectyourgifts.com - The Publishers 1000 dollar free shopping spree if you accept Fort Lauderdale Florida

*General Comment: My incident

I recieved a call that I had been chosen to recieve a free 1000 dollar shopping spree for being in good standing with my credit card company. I would also receieve four free magazines and a subscription to TV guide for only $2.88 a week for 48 months (later they ammended it to 29.90 a month for two years). I stupidly agreed and gave them my billing information. Two minutes later I tried to call the company back to cancel my order but I could not get anyone to answer. I looked up the website they gave me to get my "free" shopping spree and it is a very low budjet high priced website that charges online fees of 5 dollars for every purchase you make and way overcharges for shipping. I immediately e-mailed the website and was told it was not their problem that I agreed and they could not cancel my order. I called the help line and recieved no response from them either. Later a woman called me and told me that I could get out of my agreement if I waited a week or two until I got the first shipment of magazines and called the 1-800 help number, which she said she did not have with her so she could not tell me immediately. She told me I should lie and say I had kids and could not afford the payments. She was very sympathatic and convincing and got me to go though the process to verify that I bought the magazines. All I want is to get out of this agreement which will end up costing me over 700 dollars in magazine sales I don't want and probably more in shipping and "online buying fees". Do Not Deal with this company. They did not leave me any way to contact them back and twisted me this way and that till I was a wreck.

Rlgates
Manhattan, Kansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2008 09:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Publishers-selectyourfreegiftscom/Fort-Lauderdale-Florida/selectyourgiftscom-The-Publishers-1000-dollar-free-shopping-spree-if-you-accept-Fort-La-323093. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Publishers - selectyourfreegifts.com

#1 General Comment

My incident

AUTHOR: RachelA - (United States of America)

I was also called and lead to believe that if i bought a magazine subscription, i would get a 1000$ online shopping spree and like 6 free magazines as long as i paid 33.78 a month for like 60 months, i wasn't even thinking about it when i gave them my information. My daughter was in the backseat crying and i didnt even think about it being a scam untill yesterday. but i went to my bank to day to do some stuff and i had alot of money taken out of my account and i didnt even use my card today, so i went into my bank and got a print out of my account and sure enough all that money was taken out by the company and i was freaked out so i tried to call their number over and over and got the same stupid song over and over and i called like 7 places to find out information, then i just googled the number to see if anyone else got the call and sure enough many other people where called by them but i wasn't paying attention enought to know it was a scam. Rachel Archibald Indiana U.S