Complaint Review: The Ramada Plaza Resort Ft. Lauderdale

• Submitted: Fri, June 29, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, June 29, 2007

• Reported By:Graysville Alabama
The Ramada Plaza Resort Ft. Lauderdale
5100 N. State Road 7 (US 441 @ Commercial Blvd.) Ft. Lauderdale, Florida U.S.A.
  • Phone: 954-739-4000
  • Web:
  • Category: Resorts

The Ramada Plaza Resort Ft. Lauderdale fraud, lied to me, annoying, harrassment, stole my money Ripoff Ft. Lauderdale Florida

I got one of those Ramada Plaza Ft. Lauderdale ticket vouchers in the mail and thought, "hey maybe i should call and see what its about." I called them and it sounded good, but when it came to money, i started to wonder how much would i have to pay after they pay $1,600.00 that was on the discount voucher. They said i would have to pay $698 now and $698 when we were ready to go on this trip. i told them i don't have the money, so she tried to work a deal, then she persuaded me to give her my credit card number, and by this, she told me she needed it to reserve the trip, not take any money out, but soon after that, they told me they would let me make payments to them and i would pay them $10.00 a month to pay the $352 back to them 60 days after the call,which i didn't understand that, so i said no, then they upped it to 90 days , then i clearly say no i'm not interested and they got pissed off and i said bye. After that i checked my credit card and low and behold they took the $359 out anyways i call my credit card company and reported the fraud of not having my permission before being charged and i canceled that credit card and i'm going to recieve my new credit card with the $359 back on it in five days, so i was lucky to catch them before it was to late. I learned my lesson.

Alicia
Graysville, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/29/2007 06:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Ramada-Plaza-Resort-Ft-Lauderdale/Ft-Lauderdale-Florida-33319/The-Ramada-Plaza-Resort-Ft-Lauderdale-fraud-lied-to-me-annoying-harrassment-stole-my-257822. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Ramada Plaza Resort Ft. Lauderdale