Complaint Review: The Ranch on the Piney River, Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, September 23, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, September 23, 2013

• Reported By: Sue — kill devil hills North Carolina
The Ranch on the Piney River, Inc.
P.O.Box 38, Nunnelly, TN 37137 Nunnelly, Tennessee USA

The Ranch on the Piney River, Inc. Recovery Ranch, The Ranch, Elements Behavioral Health, Inc. The Ranch is a devastating experience and total ripoff with incompetent staff and an abusive atmosphere. Nunnelly Tennessee

Iwent to the Ranch in Nunnelly, Tennessee after finally deciding I need more help for depression and anxiety.  What I discovered there (and then later) shocked me!

The Ranch is a horrible environment for someone with depression.  You are ordered around and degraded by low level staff.  I was denied medical treatment and started medications which were then abruptly stopped and restarted days later.  I had to leave to get proper treatment.

After seeing their "psychiatrist" for twenty minutes, I was given a devastating "diagnosis" which, even after being refuted by my own physicians and therapist, will not be removed.

When I left after ten days to seek medical treatment for physical ailments, I learned my initial telephone conversations were recorded in violation of the FCC regulations.

Fraudulent claims were filed with my insurance company which I am trying to have removed with a great deal of problems; over $15,000 in false claims.

I was lied to, manipulated and suffered more emotional distress than when I actually went to this terrible place.  I was told my family said things they did not, that people in the house were talking about me and threatened that if I tried to sue them, they would make the misdiagnosis made to my insurance company, all while they were telling me how much "they cared."  I learned my privacy was totally invaded; everything I said and did even in the "house" was reported and filed in my records.  So much for confidentiality!

This is not the place for people with depression or anxiety.  In fact, I need to file a lawyer to help me sue the place!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/23/2013 06:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Ranch-on-the-Piney-River-Inc/Nunnelly-Tennessee/The-Ranch-on-the-Piney-River-Inc-Recovery-Ranch-The-Ranch-Elements-Behavioral-Health-1086585. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Ranch on the Piney River, Inc.