Complaint Review: The Reader's Digest Association, Inc.

• Submitted: Fri, March 27, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, March 27, 2009

• Reported By:Placerville California
The Reader's Digest Association, Inc.
7501 Winstead Drive Louisville, Kentucky U.S.A.

The Reader's Digest Association, Inc. Sent me a box labeled FREE GIFTS. Next day I received bill for $29.53 due April 8. Louisville Kentucky

I received a package on March 24, 2009, delivered by our Postal Service. The package is labeled "Free Gift Plus a New Customer Bonus Gift. I thought that was rather strange because I have been receiving Reader's Digest for many years.

I became more suspicious when I looked at the return address on the box:
The Reader's DIgest Association, Inc.,
7501 Winstead Drive, Louisville, KY 40281

Everything I have received from the real Reader's Digest over the years has come from Pleasantville, NY. I had decided to just write "Return to Sender"
on the box and put it in the mailbox. But first, I checked this out on Google and found this to be just another scam. Today, March 25, I received a bill from the company in the amount of $29.53 due on April 8. The payment is to be sent to Readers Digest Payment Processing Center, P.O. Box 80055, Prescott, AZ 86304-8055

The "Free Gift" is a Reader's Digest book and 2 pens and a tiny toy.

Placerville, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/27/2009 07:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Readers-Digest-Association-Inc/Louisville-Kentucky-40281/The-Readers-Digest-Association-Inc-Sent-me-a-box-labeled-FREE-GIFTS-Next-day-I-receive-438451. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Reader's Digest Association, Inc.