Complaint Review: The Room Place

• Reported By: mommaof3 — streamwood Illinois United States of America
The Room Place
2471 s Randall Algonquin, Illinois United States of America

The Room Place Misleading, lies and Discrimination! Algonquin, Illinois

I purchased a living room set from the room place around a year and a half ago. At the time of purchase my husband and i were told that it would be smart to purchase an extended 5 year warranty that would cover any structural damages as well as staining. Three months after getting the furniture I filed my first claim due to baby drool leaving bug water stains on my furniture. The warranty company was terrible and kept telling me they would call me back and send someone out to repair or replace my furiture, needless to say this never happened. Then just 4 weeks ago i filed another claim due to wood cracking and stitching coming up and a tech was sent out who was rude and did not try to fix anything...just took a few pics. I got a denail letter from the claim company for the following reasons...too many stains of which i guess baby drool is not accidental..and excessive loads...which i guess means i am fat and that is not covered either. I spent hours on hold and spoke to so many people of which have all told me that there is nothing they will do to help me. I paid a little over 500 dollars in a 5 year warranty and am stuck with fairly new furniture that looks ten years old. We were lied to and disrespected by these people and I am disgusted and very upset. I will never shop at this store again and will tell everyone i know not to shop there as well.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2011 10:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Room-Place/Algonquin-Illinois-60107/The-Room-Place-Misleading-lies-and-Discrimination-Algonquin-Illinois-756011. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Room Place