Complaint Review: The Room Place

• Updated: Thu, August 29, 2013

• Reported By: Terri — Chicago Illinois
The Room Place
2575 N. Elston Ave Chicago, Illinois USA

The Room Place Harlem Furniture Worst customer service of my life Chicago Illinois

I ordered furniture form the room place a week ago. The sales rep assured me that I could get my furniture on the following Monday. I took off of work to wait for my furniture. I called 3 times the Thursday before to confirm and everybody was rude saying they wouldn;t know until the next day. I spoke with someone the next day saying they never do deliveries on Mondays but they can guarantee me my furniture by 1:00 on Tuesday.

I took another 1/2 day off to wait for my furniture. Everytime I called, I was put on hold and told it was coming shortly. Turns out I wasn't scheduled until 1pm-4pm, they guaranteed it would be be there by 4:00. I then called work and said I would need the rest of the day off and had to cancel clients, since I took everything apart in my room the night before and had to sleep on the couch. They then called and said they would be there at 5:15- they were on their way. I had to leave so called my brother and had him leave work early and pay for a cab. At close to 7:00 I come home and nobody called or showed up!!!

I was extremely upset and talked to the "loyalty specialist" named Joyce. I told her to cancel half of my order (a rug and the mattress) and she said they would like to give me the rug complimentary for the lost work and clients. Wednesday evening comes and I finally get my furniture (another hour later than promised) but they forgot the mirror- so again someone will have to sit around on Saturday to get the other piece. But to top it all off- I get an email from the manager saying she took off "half" the cost of the rug!!!! She then continued to argue with me that she never said she would give it to me, I spoke with her boss Lisa who said she could not get the phone record but they are not giving me off any more money from the rug and they would come and pick it up! I also have marks all over my furniture and poor quality. I have never been so poorly treated in my life!!! There are so many great stores that care about their customers and value their time. Please do not give this company any business.

Terri

Chicago, IL

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2013 05:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Room-Place/Chicago-Illinois-60614/The-Room-Place-Harlem-Furniture-Worst-customer-service-of-my-life-Chicago-Illinois-1080314. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Room Place