Complaint Review: The Rush Fitness

• Updated: Wed, July 10, 2013

• Reported By: lgrier — East Ridge Tennessee
The Rush Fitness
10708 Kingston Pike Knoxville, Tennessee USA

The Rush Fitness Hubney Fitness Corporation Stealing money from past clients Knoxville Tennessee

I wish I had never set foot in the door at the Rush Fitness in downtown Chattanooga, TN back in the spring of 2012.  My husband and I signed up for, what we were led to understand, were month-to-month memberships with easy cancellation options.  When my contaract ended in January of 2013, they continued to charge us for 2 more months.  My husband's was even more difficult because the representative who signed us up neglected to actually fill in all of the information on the contract.  (Interestingly enough, they actually have a clause for that in the fine print, that basically says it doesn't matter if they left blanks, we were still responsible)

We sent our initial letter to cancel in June of 2012 to the address provided and included our memberships cards like the contract said to do.  This did nothing; we continued to be charged.  I tried talking to the people at the gym, including the one who signed us up, and they told us there was nothing they could do and we should contact corporate headquarters.  Which we did.  After several conversations that went nowhere I finally emailed their member services address.

They immediately agreed to cancel my contract (never saw a refund on the 2 extra months charged), but it wasn't until I pointed out the basically blank contract my husband had signed that they agreed to cancel his contract as well.  So, I had all this in writing, we had talked to our bank, things were looking good.

Last Saturday, July 5, 2013, $94 was withdrawn from our checking account by the Rush Fitness.  We are still handling this through the proper channels, but have not yet seen a return on any funds stolen by this company.  As far as we are concerned this company highly resembles organized crime in that noone will take any responsibility and noone is to blame.  They are faceless and it's beynd frustrating.  We have debated actually picketing their offices and locations in our city so that more people are not taken in.

Please do not sign a contract with this company.  We may have lost money and time to them, but you don't have to.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/10/2013 08:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Rush-Fitness/Knoxville-Tennessee-37934/The-Rush-Fitness-Hubney-Fitness-Corporation-Stealing-money-from-past-clients-Knoxville-Te-1066078. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Rush Fitness