whereby

• Updated: Sat, October 29, 2011

• Reported By: Davvy B — Brookline Massachusetts United States of America
The Salon The Barber Shop Jennifer Higgins
588 Mount Auburn Street watertown, Massachusetts United States of America

The Salon The Barber Shop Jennifer Higgins The Salon, The Barber Shop Watertown Ma Jen Higgins Higgins Jennifer Ruined My Wife's Hair For Our Wedding! Rude Unprofessional Threatening watertown, Massachusetts

*Consumer Comment: YOU WENT TO A BARBER SHOP FOR A LADIES' WEDDING HAIRSTYLE?

My wife (then fiance) and I went to The Salon to have her hair prepped for our wedding. She Wanted it cut to a length that would hide a scar on her neck from an automobile accident. She was seated and the hair dresser, who introduced herself as "Jen" began asking what my wife wanted. My wife made it quite clear that that she wanted to have it cut, but leave MORE than enough to cover the scar. They talked about the wedding (which was a week away). during the conversation Jen said "Don't worry, we'll hide that hideous scar".... A little curt, but hey, some folks have no tact. So away the scissors go. The entire time she complained about her husband, her fellow employees, the coffee shops and anything else she didn't like. She asked what I did for work, and I said I am an engineer. She started with comments about how being a hair dresser is harder than engineering, and it takes more to have a hair salon than it does to run a construction company. I have obviously worked with tons of construction companies, and i thought these comments odd, considering, in reality, she is closer to a coffee maker than a plumber or welder. About half way through the cut, I Said "hey, your going a little short". She snapped her head around like the exorcist and said "who are you? I'm the professional"
So I decided to wait it out. Maybe she was seeing something I wasn't. I could see my wife getting nervous. Long story short, it was about 3 inches too short to hide the scar. We asked to speak to the owner, at which point the hair dresser said " I am the owner". And OH BOY did she lay into us. "It's only Hair it will grow back, you should photoshop the wedding pictures any way, nothing else will hide the scar" and  "maybe you'll get lucky and it will grow out in time for the wedding" which was a week away. I refused to pay for the cut, because she basically hacked it any way (it was too short and uneven). She said if we didn't pay for her low quality crap and attitude, she would get the police there to make us pay. So we paid. A week later I called to discuss the situation, assuming she was having a bad day, husband cheating, whatever her excuse for the conduct may be. When she finally returned my call, all i got was the "well, you paid so you are satisfied" spiel. What a LOSER.

As a side note, my wife found a beautiful scarf to wear, and looked gorgeous despite this abomination of a hair cut. In my Opinion (and please excuse the lack of professionalism)-YOU SUCK JENNIFER HIGGINS!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/21/2011 08:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Salon-The-Barber-Shop-Jennifer-Higgins/watertown-Massachusetts-02472/The-Salon-The-Barber-Shop-Jennifer-Higgins-The-Salon-The-Barber-Shop-Watertown-Ma-Jen-Hig-779370. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Salon The Barber Shop Jennifer Higgins

YOU WENT TO A BARBER SHOP FOR A LADIES' WEDDING HAIRSTYLE?

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

If you went to a BARBER SHOP for a ladies wedding hair style, you were in the wrong place! Why didn't you take her to a ladies hairstyling salon with a good reputation? Too cheap? You got what you paid for so why complain?