scholarship

3714 Lake Vista Dr Chattanooga, Tennessee United States of America
  • Phone: 423-443-3967
  • Web:
  • Category:

The Scooter Store, I recieved a new Jazzy614 hd when I ordered a regular 614 as described on their website, The chair is not what I ordered and broke within a month I called for service and was refused this chair has no Chattanooga, Tennessee

I PICKED THE CHAIR FROM THE INTERNET WEBSITE AND WAS VERY DESCRIPTIVE AS TO WHAT I WANTED. I AM ON MEDI-CARE AND RETIRED ON WORK DISABILITY AND SOCIAL SECURITY. i LIVE IN A WHEELCHAIR, MY OTHER ONE WAS OVER 6 YEARS OLD AND SHOT.  THE CHAIR I RECIEVED WAS NOT THE ONE I ORDERED. I HAD A PRESCRIPTION AND A LETTER OF MEDICAL NECESSITY. I WAS TOLD THAT MEDICARE DID NOT APPROVE THE CHAIR, SO THEY COULD NOT SERVICE IT EVEN THOUGH IT HAD A 1 YEAR WARRANTY.

I CALLED MY DOCTOR AND MY INSURANCE COMPANY AND IN A WEEK I RECIEVED A LETTER FROM MY INSURANCE COMPANY, THAT THEY DEEMED IT MEDICALY NECESSARY  AND WOULD PAY. THE INSURANCE COMPANY PAID AND I PAID $200.00 UPFRONT. MY LEFT LEG IS AMPUTATED A/K AND MY RIGHT LEG IS PARALIZED. I WOULD CALL THE SCOOTER STORE, AND THEY SAID THAT ALL THEY HAD WAS THE LETTER OF DENIAL. I FAXED THEM THE STATMENT FROM THE INSURANCE COMPANY, SHOWING THAT THEY HAD REVERSED THEIR DECISION AND IT WAS MEDICALY NECESSARY AND THEN I FAXED THE INSURANCE LETTER SHOWING THEY PAID FOR IT. THE SCOOTER STORE STILL DENIED ME SERVICE SAYING THEY HAD BEEN TURNED DOWN FOR REPAIR PAYMENT WHILE I AM STILL COVERED BY MY 1 YEAR WARRANTY.

THE WHEELCHAIR I ORDERED SAID IT HAD PNUMATIC AIR TIES AND WAS RATED FOR INDOR/OUTDOOR USE AND COULD CLIMB OVER STANDARD SREET CURBS. THE BOOK I RECIEVED EVEN SAYS THIS, THAT IS WHAT I BASED MY BUYING DECISON ON, I WEIGHT 195 POUNDS SO I DID NOT WANT THE HD, I TOLD THEM THAT WHEN I ORDERED IT. I RECIEVED THE 614HD WITH PURE RUBBER TIRES THAT WAS RATED AT 450 POUNDS AND I CANT EVEN GET OVER THE TRESHOLD OF MY DOOR LET ALONE A STREET CURB, WHICH IS IN THE OWNERS MANUAL. MY INSURANCE COMPANY TOLD ME ALL THEY HAD TO DO WAS FILE A NEW BILL AND THEY WOULD PAY IT. WHEN I CALLED THE SCOOTER STORE THEY KEPT ME ON HOLD FOR 40 MINUTES AND THEN I WOULD GET A VOICE MAIL! I AM FED UP, I CAN'T WALK, HELP ME, SOMEONE PLEASE. ALL I DO IS SIT IN A RECLINER AND THIS IS 6 MONTH'S NOW I HAVE TO WAIT 5 YEARS TO QUALIFY FOR A NEW POWERCHAIR

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2010 01:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Scooter-Store/Chattanooga-Tennessee-37416/The-Scooter-Store-I-recieved-a-new-Jazzy614-hd-when-I-ordered-a-regular-614-as-described-564559. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Scooter Store