Complaint Review: The Scooter Store

• Submitted: Mon, July 13, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, July 13, 2009

• Reported By:Racine Wisconsin
The Scooter Store
3071 Progress Way Kaukauna, Wisconsin U.S.A.

The Scooter Store I got a FREE PEICE OF BROKEN IRREPAIRABLE JUNK Kaukauna Wisconsin

I was given a power chair by the Scooter Store after an extensive evalution and several letters from my doctor and their own people. In their opinion I qualifeid for Medicare coverage on the purchase and for thier supplemental program to cover the percent Medicare did not pick up. One week after the chair was delivered, the motor began to make a lot of noise, shortly after that it began to have no speed.

When I contacted the Scooter Store about repairs since they had promised that they repaired thier products free of charge, I was told the Medicare rejected the claim and that any repair would be out of pocket. I am on disability so that is not an option. I am continuing to use the chair as little as possible, which means I go nowhere.

I did go to a grocery sstore less than half a block from home, and the entire joystick mechanism just fell off on the floor. now I have a 3 month old power chair that doesnt work properly and is wrapped in duct tape and airline cords, and no way to fix it. When I read the Medicare reasons for not covering my chair, it seems that the Scooter did not properly fill out or file the claim.

Apartmenttrapped
Racine, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/13/2009 10:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Scooter-Store/Kaukauna-Wisconsin-54130/The-Scooter-Store-I-got-a-FREE-PEICE-OF-BROKEN-IRREPAIRABLE-JUNK-Kaukauna-Wisconsin-469037. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Scooter Store