Complaint Review: The Scooter Store

• Updated: Thu, April 04, 2013

• Reported By: Richard S — Yorktown Virginia
The Scooter Store
New Braunfels, Texas United States of America

The Scooter Store Sent a "Medicare and Insurance" refund check for $2,154.24 that bounced New Braunfels, Texas

*Consumer Comment: Robert

*Consumer Comment: So

The Scooter Store is a vile and dishonest company. We purchased an electric scooter for my mother, Helen Sattilaro, upon submiting a complete medical evaluation as required. The price we paid was well above the internet price due to convincing double talk from one of their sales persons who worked with my mother's physician. We waited and waited for the Medicare and Secondary insurance refund which they said was approved.

After complaining we received a chech from The Scooter Store (Bank Of America) check # 317153 for $2,154.24 and we cashed it at my Wells Fargo Bank. Shortly thereafter my bank sent several letters indicating that the check 'bounced' and that they are taking $2,154.24 plus a $12 fine from my account. I've reported this to the FBI that covers their company in Texas. If a class action suit is filed, I will join it in order to recover the money they stole from us. My anger is beyond words.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2013 12:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Scooter-Store/New-Braunfels-Texas-/The-Scooter-Store-Sent-a-Medicare-and-Insurance-refund-check-for-215424-that-bounced-1040529. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Scooter Store

Robert

AUTHOR: Stacey - ()

The Scooter store is no more.  They fired all but 100 people at the moment and are under investigation for Medicare fraud.  OP I suggest you take that check to your DA and see what that office can do.  Good luck!

So

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

What did they say when you called them about the check?