Complaint Review: The Scooter Store

• Submitted: Wed, October 31, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, October 31, 2007

• Reported By:Longmont Colorado
The Scooter Store
thescooterstore.com New Braunfels, Texas U.S.A.

The Scooter Store Robbed me of my freedom to be independant New Braunfels Texas

The Scooter Store is going down and soon I hope.

I have to suffer another year without my power chair that The Scooter Store delivered in Oct. 2003 while I was in CA and Medicare has continued to deny me a replacement power chair from another company because they insist that I have one.

I have tried to get Medicare to send one of their field reps. to my home so I can prove to them that I do NOT have my power wheelchair anymore to prove it to them and they never did send a field rep to my home to see for themselves that I no longer had my power chair.

I have to wait another year for the current contract between Medicare and The (stupid) Scooter Store to expire before I'll be allowed to get another power chair.

The Scooter Store never replaced my chair, just the parts, and everything else but the frame. My chair was under a lifetime warrenty and the STILL charged Medicare for the parts replacement and repairs.

I suffer from severe rheumatoid arthritis (since the age of 4)and I need this power chair. Trust me, The Scooter Store is ripping people off and commiting fraud. You don't dare charge doulbe, etc. insurance companies for a unit the is undear warranty. The Scooter Store is operating a get rich quick scam. They're greedy.

I also just came out of a very abusive marriage and lost everything I ever had, I lost my life, so to speak and this is just one other thing that I've lost. This is an abuse of Government funds. I've been abused once again.

Longmont, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/31/2007 07:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Scooter-Store/New-Braunfels-Texas/The-Scooter-Store-Robbed-me-of-my-freedom-to-be-independant-New-Braunfels-Texas-282216. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Scooter Store