Complaint Review: The Scooter Store

• Reported By: doglover — Tri Cities Washington USA
The Scooter Store

The Scooter Store breaks down Internet

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Untrained service techs

I purchased my scooter Summer 2010. later that Summer it stopped working. I called the scooter store. They sent out Pride who built the scooter. This took several weeks. The repairmen came out and replaced the console. Less then one year later, I am having issues with it again. I call the scooter store. Its not under warranty. They tell me its $27.50 every 15 min the repair men is here. I agree to the charge. This entire process takes several weeks for the to get here.   The repairmen shows up look at the scooter asks me some questions then makes a phone call. After several minutes of more questions to me and the person on the phone, he decides its the motor. "first he thinks its the battery" I just replaced them and he confirms this. The cost of the motor $1100.00. The cost of the scooter $798.00 new.   I only use in the Summer as the scooter must stay out of the wet weather. I declined the motor from the scooter store. I found online for $144.00
Bottom line. Their are other companies to buy scooters from, you might want to avoid the scooter store. If you decide to go with them just be advised. After the 1 year warranty is up. If they do fix your scooter, they will not guarantee their work.   I did not pay the man as he did not ask.
I paid out of pocket for my scooter. No help here.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/28/2011 12:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Scooter-Store/internet/The-Scooter-Store-breaks-down-Internet-757670. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Scooter Store

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Untrained service techs

AUTHOR: Rick - ( )

The problem you had with your scooter repair is due to the refusal of the Senior Vice President of Operations at The Scooter Store to admit that the service technicians actually need training to be qualified to repair the units that they sell.  His feeling is that the techs will learn through OJT (On the Job Training) and working with other technicians.  Especially in the case of scooters, the techs should be trained to follow the diagnostics using test equipment which would report exactly what is causing the malfunction.  Instead, the VP would rather not spend the money to properly train the technicians and hope that "parts changing" and the ignorance of the customers will allow incompetent technicians to "repair" the equipment.  These calls are billed to Medicare.....and the repeat calls are billed to Medicare.....and so on and so on..........