Complaint Review: The Secret Society

• Updated: Fri, September 07, 2012

• Reported By: Shawn — Santa Maria California USA
The Secret Society
23550 Commerce Park Road, St. 5000 Beachwood, Ohio United States of America

The Secret Society Tried to rip me off for a $139.95 secret report. Beachwood, Ohio

*General Comment: Thank You

I like the previous person was sent an offer in the mail to first receive a "secret report" on how to go about improving one's money, health, an love.

I was given 3 days to return the acceptance form and what I was lead to believe, obtain such report.  I didn't return the form within the 3 day period but did receive a 2nd package consisting of a 56 page booklet entitled "The Greatest Kept Secret of All Time!" along with a letter that tried to sell me on why I needed to send in $139.95 to receieve a 1200 page booklet discribing the secrets from the past taken from a 1200 year old  "mysterious manuscript".

After reading the letter and the first orientation booklet, I realized that, like the say.."if it sounds to be too good to be ture it probaly is".

I check the Internet to run down the return address on the envelop and post mark, along with the phone numbers listed on the order form and manuscript.  I discovered it listed an Beachwood, Ohio returned address.  I compaired that address to the post mark on the envelop to find out that the package was sent from Dallas, Texas.  Inside said envelop was an order form stating that I had only until the upcoming Friday to order the booklet and send in my $139.95.

Needless to say, what sounded to be good was too good.  I checked the "Ripoff Report" Internet site and found out that others had been approaced on this same scam.    At this point in time I have no desire to contact the person or persons that are running this scam and hope others will read these rip off reports and do the same.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/07/2012 01:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Secret-Society/Beachwood-Ohio-44122/The-Secret-Society-Tried-to-rip-me-off-for-a-13995-secret-report-Beachwood-Ohio-938099. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Secret Society

#1 General Comment

AUTHOR: jeff1965 - ()

It's the same story with every report i have read.I too also have received this (free information)and sure enough,a red,white and blue envelope came from 23905 Mercantile rd.Beachwood OH 44122  told me the exact same thing.Thank you for writing this article.I got the same 5 story orientation booklet and read it.I figured that I could find the information myself if there was any truth to it.
I got online and researched it(Bing) and found this information to be bogus.If there is a secret,it would not be so easy to get because it would no longer be a secret.
I just saved 139.95 before Friday.LOL:The real clincher was they called me by my last name instead of my first name in their letters to me.This is a dead give away because they were reading the information like it was in a file.Besides why would a secret society have a return mailing address as(THE SECRET SOCIETY)P.O.BOX 560647 Dallas TX. 75356-0647 They wouldn't be that secret would they.