Complaint Review: The Secret Society

• Updated: Mon, December 17, 2012

• Reported By: Kim — Pennsylvania United States of America
The Secret Society
P.0 Box 560647 Dallas, Texas United States of America

The Secret Society Letters in the mail that there's something special about me and I have been selected to these secrets. Dallas, Texas

*Consumer Comment: The Society Letter Scam

*Consumer Comment: I recieved the Society letter today 4-23-2013

*General Comment: I received this letter today!

I received a letter in the mail on January 24, 2011. It was a very repetitive letter but I'll try to sum it up. It stated "The association has analyzed your profile(you'd be unbelievably flattered if you knew who these individuals were). Please forgive us, but we've discovered something special about you." It went on by saying, "By the way, as you read this, you may be saying to yourself that this is all a bunch of hooey.  But I swear on the Bible we will send you our Greatest Kept Secrets free of charge."  It went on saying all I had to do was either mail or fax this form by Friday January 28 saying I was interested and they would mail back the Secrets to me absolutely free. I thought to myself it could be a scam but than again it's free so I'll think positive till I find out otherwise. I put the form in the mail the next day.  I was expecting to get back the secrets since that's what the letter said I would get, what I got back was a little disappointing yet expected.

I received in the mail February 10 an orientation booklet along with a letter. The letter congratulated me into the "secret society" the booklet was filled with 5 testimonials supposedly from the individuals that belong to this group the secrets were contained in the 2300 page Greek manuscript that will reveal the 10 second miracle. Oh and there was a catch to get this so called manuscript I would  have to pay 135.50 plus 4.45  for Shipping and handling that's a total of 139.95 by Feb. 11.   After reading all the reports on here now I'm so glad I did not (not that I was going to anyways) send whoever this is any of my money. I don't even know how they found out about me. The only thing I can think of is I signed up for information for online home businesses. That's the only thing I can think of. PLEASE IF YOU ARE READING THIS DON'T GIVE THEM MONEY. IT'S A SCAM. IF THEY HAVE CONTACTED YOU PLEASE REPORT ABOUT IT HERE SO MAYBE THEY WILL STOP!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2011 03:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Secret-Society/Dallas-Texas-/The-Secret-Society-Letters-in-the-mail-that-theres-something-special-about-me-and-I-have-693739. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Secret Society

The Society Letter Scam

AUTHOR: Lenny - ()

I was in the mood for a chuckle so when I received my invitation to join "THE SOCIETY" I got myself a beer and settled down to some fun reading. The letter was ten pages long and advised me that I was specially picked to join THE SOCIETY. Throughout the letter I was told that some famous people were already members. It went on to say that the sender of the letter was once the most powerful man in the world. I skipped ahead to the end of the letter to see if there was a name. There was. It was signed: Sincerely, Bill. I was chagrined to find out that I would be in the same club as Bill Clinton. Uh huh. Glad I went on the internet and read the two reviews. It just made my day. I'm still smiling.

I recieved the Society letter today 4-23-2013

AUTHOR: Big - ()

I just recieved the Society letter today also, its a pretty interesting letter, but like my dad use to say, if it sounds to good to be true...it is after reading what others have said after they sent in their response i decided to trash the letter, i have wasted enouth time and money on nonsense, but never again, i hope this helps someone, dont waste your time with the letter its a scam to get money...money...money

#3 General Comment

I received this letter today!

AUTHOR: Devon K. - (United States of America)

I just received this letter today. Thank you for posting this!