Complaint Review: The Secret Society

• Submitted: Mon, December 01, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, December 02, 2008

• Reported By:Cedar Rapids Iowa
The Secret Society
3357H Southpark Place Grove City, Ohio U.S.A.

The Secret Society Is this one of Kevin Trudeau's Hoax's Grove City Ohio

*Consumer Comment: Possibly...

I recieved a letter stating that I had been selected for membership in a secret society a few weeks ago. All that I had to do for membership is send back a page of that paper and they would send me "The Greatest Kept Secret of All Time!"

As this was going to cost nothing I sent the page and recently recieved a worthless pamplet that awnsers nothing! This paplet also came with an order form to buy a 1200 pg. book.

What I am wondering is how many of you recieved this offer after buying one of Kevin Trudeaus books, recently I have been bombarded with several scams also such as from the "National Magazine Exchange" thanking me for using my Visa. I am almost certain that this scam got my information from Kevin Trudeau as his book is the olny thing that I had purchased with my Visa in a very long time.

Josh
Cedar Rapids, Iowa

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/01/2008 04:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Secret-Society/Grove-City-Ohio-43123/The-Secret-Society-Is-this-one-of-Kevin-Trudeaus-Hoaxs-Grove-City-Ohio-396638. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Secret Society

Possibly...

AUTHOR: Edgeman - (U.S.A.)

There has been a lot of speculation about that. Some say that Kevin Trudeau and Frank Wallace were friendly, others claim that The Secret Society bought a mailing list.

What we do know is that a lot of people who ordered that Natural Cures book eventually receive that letter from The Secret Society. However, those letters have been going out for years. I received one around ten years ago and I have never purchased any books by Kevin Trudeau.