Complaint Review: The Secret Society

• Submitted: Fri, January 09, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, January 09, 2009

• Reported By:Fort Lauderdale Florida
The Secret Society
3367 H Southpark Place Grove Park, Ohio U.S.A.

The Secret Society Invitation to join a Secret Society and reveal my hidden traits to graet wealth, power and love Grove Park Ohio

Just before Christmas I got a letter in the mail informing me that I had been chosen by an unnamed group of famous, powerful and successful people who had reviewed my profile and determined that I possessed hidden traits that if I joined the Society and read the Greatest Kept Secrets I would immediately have 3 good things happen within 2 weeks. The information was free, but I had to respond within 1 week. Since no money was required I decided to take a chance even though I remained skeptical.

On January 3 I received my 56 page confidential The Greatest Kept Secret of All Time! pamphlet which actually turned out to be a complication of 5 poorly worded "amazing stories" of money, love, and being discovered. Nowhere in the 56 pages was anything revealed, but I was informed that I would absorb the hidden special power it contained. I read it twice.

The only thing I gleaned from my reading was that in at least two of the stories people received the 2300 year old secret manuscript free. The recipient were supposed to be kept secret "for your eyes only", however in one story the man who got found the book under a bench in a moment of depression and desperation after his mother's death. This clearly represents not keeping the document secret. Later in the story the man jumps up and gives the manuscript to an emotionally fragile man in a Burger King demanding that he read it on the spot- an additional example of not keeping the contents secret.

While it is flattering to feel special and wish to have a life full of great wealth, no stress, fabulous romance and loads of free time it is JUST TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE. The "stories" contained in the book were rambling and revealed virtually nothing. In fact, it was a thinly veiled request for money which again had a time limit. I had an urge to Google the Secret Society and see what I could find out. Boy, am I glad I did!!!!! This is one scam that will not get any of my hard earned money. Now I will have the satisfaction of knowing that any money I make, any love I enjoy, and any "special power" I possess will be totally due to my own efforts rather than some mumbo-jumbo supposedly acquired from reading a 2300 year old manuscript!

Janet
Fort Lauderdale, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2009 11:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Secret-Society/Grove-Park-Ohio-43129/The-Secret-Society-Invitation-to-join-a-Secret-Society-and-reveal-my-hidden-traits-to-grae-410068. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Secret Society