Complaint Review: The Secret Society

P.O. Box 560647 Dallas, TX 75356-0647 , Select State/Province USA
  • Phone: 12145534592
  • Web:
  • Category: Cult

The Secret Society  I would be out $139.95 if you hadn't been here for me. My question is why after all these reports are they still in business? Dallas Texas

*General Comment: Refund

*Consumer Comment: Because this is America

I was contected by mail about joining The Secret Society.  There was an 8 page letter for me to read and it said how special I was to be chosen.  I receive a 55 page booklet telling me of all the wonderful things that would happen to me.

I noticed at the bottom of the booklet it said 1 of 2.  They said they would send me a 1200 page manuscript with the 10 second secret included in it.  They wanted a discounted $139.95 for it.  I called to ask if I could pay by check by phone and was told no they didn't take checks over the phone.  I told them I didnot want to use my credit cards.  I asked if I could send them a check and was told yes.  I also asked about the discount since it would be later then the date they told me.  They said they would extend it for a week.

I was ready to send the check and happened to check out the company when I found your report.  Thank you so much for saving my money.

I would like to know how they are still in business after all the reports that have been sent.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2013 05:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Secret-Society/Select-StateProvince/The-Secret-Societynbsp-I-would-be-out-13995-if-you-hadnt-been-here-for-me-My-questi-1070634. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Secret Society

#1 General Comment

Refund

AUTHOR: hello - ()

They offer a money back guarantee, I was wondering has anyone tried getting a refund?

Because this is America

AUTHOR: MochaG - ()

You cannot simply close down a company in the U.S. unless you could undoubtedly prove that the company is scamming people. In this case, if you look closely to their letter, the company could argue that they are selling 1200 pages of document which is called Secret Society. In other words, it is somewhat legit in their way of playing on words. Unless there are enough people filing complaints on a government agency website (i.e. FTC), then they could start investigating. It will take quite some times to do so.

If closing a company is that easy, it would be even worse. Think about exploitation. Currently, it is difficult to close a company, this type of scam is every where. If they make the process much easier, there will be cases for false claims. As a result, there will be companies exploiting the system to close down their competitor companies. It is extremely difficult to draw a line between legit and scam companies unless it is obvious (such as those grants scams).