Complaint Review: The Self Defense Company

• Updated: Wed, October 16, 2013

• Reported By: DannyZ6359 — Waskom Texas
The Self Defense Company
, New Jersey USA

The Self Defense Company fraud, scam, took $1,000 of my money, and gave me nothing in return. New Jersey

I enrolled in the Self Defense Company Combatives course, in Aug 2011, while home on vacation from my job in Iraq.  (I work as a Diplomatic Bodyguard at the US Embassy for the US State Dept.)
I purchased the entire DVD course, and an Instructor Seminar.  I spoke with your Direct of Training, Michael Archangel, and informed him that work may require I return early, and may not be able to make the seminar.
Mr. Archangel informed me that I would be eligible for a refund or another course in the future.
I originally opted for a future seminar, but my work schedule, (I am only home 70 days out of the year), and the training courses never coincided.

Approximately 8 months later, I contacted Mr. Archangel and informed him that I would like a refund, (as previously promised by him), and just enroll into another seminar, if one comes available with my work schedule.
Several months, and many e-mails go by, and I hear no response.
I then made a BBB complaint, that to this day still goes unanswered.

I then informed Mr. Archangel that I will be filing a small claims lawsuit for the return of my money; then I got a response.  It was some bullshit story of how some guy died in his arms, and he was dealing with a lot over the past months.
I believed him, (my mistake), and agreed to just use the $1,000 towards my instructor certifications via video testing.
After e-mailing Mr. Archangel, (The "Director of Training) many times, still nothing.
Then I realized: i had been duped by this company.  Now that 2 years have passed, the statue of limitations has ran out for me to qualify to file a lawsuit.

So, I gave The Self Defense  company $1,000, and I got nothing in return. Nothing, zero, squat!

What is worse is I recently e-mailed the Owner of the Company, (Damina Ross), and informed him of this also, (His e-mail address only became available to me after all of this had happened), and not a single response.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/16/2013 10:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Self-Defense-Company/New-Jersey/The-Self-Defense-Company-fraud-scam-took-1000-of-my-money-and-gave-me-nothing-in-ret-1092329. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Self Defense Company