Complaint Review: The Sheppard Way

• Submitted: Thu, May 21, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, June 07, 2009

• Reported By:Lake Mary Florida
The Sheppard Way
P.O. Box 193 Simpsonville, South Carolina U.S.A.

The Sheppard Way Internet / Network Security Company trolls, stalks, harasses and threatens in attempt to get you to buy Simpsonville South Carolina

*Consumer Comment: WHO IS THE SHEPPARD WAY?

*Author of original report: The Sheppard Way Uninvited Pests

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Not even a customer but simply an angry person

I posted an unrelated add several States away and this Company after trolling cyber space for any old email addresses used that information to contact then continue to email, harass and argue when they didnt make the sale. By the fourth email these Bozos in an attempt to threaten or scare me now claimed they had my phone number and would be calling me.

They claim to do Network Security penetration tests and simulataneously boast about how much money their company is raking in then wonder why they cant make a sale, especially to an individual computer user who has no network and no real need to justify their expense or service.

After their latest email I suggested The Sheppards Way was merely a wolve in sheeps clothing. Attempting to exploit, harass, or theaten people unsolicited into shelling out big cash for their penetration tests. Especially when they act more like the extrminator who brought his own mayonaise jar full of cockroaches to ensure you need his services. These maggots contact you out of the blue then apparently have so little real work they continue to email and jaunt and joust with you because you say NO SALE BOZO!

Twilson
Lake Mary, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/21/2009 02:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Sheppard-Way/Simpsonville-South-Carolina-29681/The-Sheppard-Way-Internet-Network-Security-Company-trolls-stalks-harasses-and-threaten-454147. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Sheppard Way

WHO IS THE SHEPPARD WAY?

AUTHOR: Twilson - (U.S.A.)

Will the real Mr. Sheppard please stand up, and where is The Sheppard Way Company located exactly? I smell an internet scam here big time. Well let's just see if we can figure this out. With the Sheppard Way you get a P.O. Box in Simpsonville SC., a cell phone number in Greenville, and with further digging a claimed physical address somewhere in Mauldin SC. According to Go Daddy the email for this Mr. Sheppard Admin. has been around for approximately 90 days for this new 2009 Company. The Sheppard Way has taken considerable effort at every turn to hide all identifiable information.

While The Sheppard Way website talks long and hard about the great Mr. Sheppards discoveries and why you should pay him for penetration tests his accredidations, credentials, or full name is not mentioned once! You simply send your checks to Mr. Sheppards P.O. Box? You can always call the provided cell phone number for technical questions or customer service right? Not good enough for my money pal! I have some suspicion that Mr. Sheppard may live in North Carolina but his business is in SC, where you dont even need a DBA (doing business as).

While who ever Mr. Sheppard is seems to enjoy publically displaying as much information about me as possible, like a scab kneed school girl tatteling on the boy who pushed her down, Mr. Sheppards only credentials are that he ( whoever he is) set up a website in an attempt to scam money. I am not the one trying to run an internet scam or emailing and harassing people unsolicited and uninvited. I am not the idiot who tried to sell a TV to someone who needs a Plumber than got mad when you didnt make the sale! In your hasty attempt to grab some quick cash Mr. Sheppard you mistakingly picked the wrong sucker for your scam. You are a fool. You tried to peddle your network services to someone who (A) doesnt even have a network. (B) Has Microsoft Certified friends and (C) hates corruption, snakes, cheats, and liars.

You can attempt to make this about Jesus or any other issue but for me the focus remains on the fact that you are a liar, a cheat, and a snake and your company a complete and total fraud! You initiated this contact and brought it on yourself and your biggest mistake was to assume everyones a sucker.

AUTHOR: The American Bastard Operator From Hell - (U.S.A.)

Out of curiosity, as I've had to deal with cleaning up after an organization similar to your own in my region, would you be able to tell me if any of your technical staff have any IT and IT security certifications like the basic CompTIA A+ certification, the Network+ certification or Security+? Or anything from the International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium such as the Certified Information Systems Security Professional certification? It lends a lot more credibility to your rebuttals than posting statements like that. I'm a vocational school graduate with a certificate in Computer Network Systems, and even prior to that I had about 4 or 5 years of experience working with computers and networks, especially with basic security issues like your odd floppy disk infected with a crumbling variant of the Stoned virus, and that was only boosted by the experience I'd gotten learning modern network security and security testing in my senior year. The unit always stressed graduates to get their certifications because that is what businesses look for when hiring and it shows the technical community how competent you are.

If your technical staff isn't certified, even with something as basic as CompTIA's A+ and Network+ certs, which for the majority of entry-level technician jobs, have one or the other (sometimes both) as a prerequisite, then it's less likely one would be inclined to take of your advice or services with a grain of salt. Mind you, there are always exceptions to the rule, so don't take that personally.

I say this because the organization I dealt with had no certified in-house technicians and bungled what'd of been a slam dunk setup for a competent tech. So if you're certified, please do your business a favor and get your staff certified.

That aside, I'd also like to raise a point about business ethics. You claim that you put God into the business (as did the same organization I dealt with). Since when does God condone statements like this?:

''This will be our last response to this character because we are a business, and do not have time to play with children.

The Sheppard Way''

If there's a complaint about how your business operates, legitimate or not, I would expect that the business would conduct themselves in a sterling manner, extending courtesy and respect to the complainant no matter how irate or illogical they are. With statements like this, you drag yourself down the gutter. It's not some force of religion that guides how a computer operates (or fails to operate within normal limits), it's the principles of electrical engineering, communications, mathematics and other sciences that do. You can't just pray for a virus to decide "Oh, I think I ought to stop spreading myself amongst Mr. Smith's Word documents" and expect it to be gone. Instead, you do the equivalent of what we do when we have a physical problem. We see the doctor (the technician), he or she provides us with a diagnosis and depending on the problem, a prescription (in the case of a virus, anti-virus software) or in the case of a meat-and-bone problem, surgery (like swapping out a fried CPU, which unfortunately for us in the medical community, brain transplants are not possible). Religion has nothing in computing, just as it doesn't in medicine. It just complicates things and breeds hypocrisy.

#6 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: The Sheppard Way - (U.S.A.)

After our rebuttal was posted, Steve **** began his tirades once again. This is the email he sent:

To: admin@thesheppardway.com

I see you posted a feeble attempt at a rebuttle. I have all your emails. Which one exactly states where you got my email address from? Could you please clearly state that again for the record? What is my phone number again? Your own email clearly states I will be added to no contact, 4 or 5 emails pror to the rest of your babble.You are a bald face liar! You'll add me to the no contact list? If all these lies are representative of your so called company and it's reputation then you dont need any help from me in tarnishing your cross or the wolf in sheeps clothing you hide behind.

To: admin@thesheppardway.com
Oh I'm sorry would you like to be on our no contact list? If you wish to opt out that's fine, no need to get angry and upset.

Steve ****'s problem is that our company keeps God in it, rather than keep him out and he obviously has a problem with that. He continuously sends these emails and makes these posts. We asked him to stop contacting us but he refuses.

As far as his arguments, our automated emails states on the bottom "Your email was extracted from a public database."

The public database is websites such as Craigslist, Backtrack, etc.

I can guarantee that Mr. **** will more than likely send us more emails, or post more silly rebuttals in this site because he obviously has some type of issues. It's easy to see here.

As far as the "child support" statement he is saying, we showed him how his information was made available and can easily hide it for him. His Myspace and other usernames "atmdaddy" specifically talks about child support.

#7 REBUTTAL Owner of company

#8 REBUTTAL Owner of company

#9 REBUTTAL Owner of company

The Sheppard Way Uninvited Pests

AUTHOR: Twilson - (U.S.A.)

My first response/email was a simple, "No Thanks." After recieving another email stating they would add me to the no contact list The Sheppard Way not only continued to email me repeatedly they escalated the matter with suggestive threats and attempted scare tactics. Such as we have your phone number and will be giving you a call, also volunteering other personal information and ignorant remarks such as, "Oh your just mad because you pay child support." I recieved no less than 4 more emails from The Sheppard Way AFTER, and let me make that clear, AFTER allegedly being added to their no contact list.

Secondly The Sheppard Way at no point told me where they got my email from or more importantly any of my other personal information. Instead they boasted about how much money they were making from identity theft or these penetration tests. Unsolisited and uninvited The Sheppard Way comes into your life while proclaiming to be the cure yet apparently has little or no problem posing as the threat or disease!

Thirdly shortly after my uninvited encounter with The Sheppard Way my HP computer took a serious unrepairable crash, something in bios or whatever and I'll let you be the judge if you think it might be related to some penetration testing, identy scavenger hack or just merely coincidence. Either way The Sheppard Way is a web of proven lies and I wouldnt let these bastards within ten feet of my mouse let alone my computer or Network.

#11 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Not even a customer but simply an angry person

AUTHOR: The Sheppard Way - (U.S.A.)

Upon viewing the emails sent by Mr. Crocker, he reveals himself to be an angry individual who got upset because he received one of our automated emails in which we offer several services consisting of online identity theft prevention, true people search, external penetration testing, and more.

Following the CAN SPAM Act, we give every person an opt-out method in which they click a link on the email and unsubscribe.

Rather than unsubscribing, Mr. Crocker decided to send a distasteful email describing how much he does not like to be contacted.

The person from our company who responded back let him know why we contacted him and how we obtained his email address and instead of accepting the response and knowing he has been added to our no contact list, he instead sent other distasteful messages such as the following:

From: Steve Crocker
Date: Fri, May 22, 2009 4:47 pm
To: admin@thesheppardway.com

You strike me as the type who loves to fester around the house and chit chat on the phone, I'd just soon meet in person and do us all a favor by ensuring you dont reproduce! I'd also prefer there was no telly between my fist and your jaw.

We offered to talk to him on the phone to discuss his "hate" for us, but as it can be seen, he began to threaten one of our employees.

Lastly, in order to try and tarnish our reputation, he filled out a report on this site and even emailed us:

From: Steve Crocker
Date: Thu, May 21, 2009 5:40 pm
To: admin@thesheppardway.com

Oh and by the way smart a*s you can veiw your Companies latest advertisement/endorsement here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/searchlatestresults.asp?submit22=Search+Latest+3+Months+of+Rip-Off+Reports+Now%21

Sometimes one of emails reach an individual who clearly has some sort of anger issues, we quickly ended all ties with Mr. Crocker and in no way made any attempt to sell him any of our services.