Complaint Review: The Shoemaker, Inc

• Updated: Mon, June 13, 2011

• Reported By: 75044 — Garland Texas United States of America
The Shoemaker, Inc
Central Expwy @ Beltline Rd. Richardson, Texas United States of America

The Shoemaker, Inc Ruined 1 pr of shoes & refused to return 2nd pr Richardson, Texas

I took a brand new pair of New Balance tennis shoes to this shop along with another pair that was already modified, for them to use as an example of the work I wanted performed. I specifically requested that the crepe be inserted in between the original sole and shoe. I also left specific instructions to notify me if they were unable to do the job.

When I went to pick them up, the shoe was not adequately modified.  Furthermore, the manner in which it was modified made it extremely dangerous for me to wear. Instead of following my request, he had attached crepe sole to the bottom of the shoe & discarded the original sole.  This was exactly what I was trying to avoid in the first place. It made the bottom of the shoe very slippery and therefore hazardous.

I complained but was met with indifference and animosity by the owner. He told me that what I requested was not possible to do. (If it had not been possible, I could not have brought him the example!).  He flat refused to give back either pair until I paid for the unsatisfactory work.

Obviously, customer service is NOT their priority.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/13/2011 08:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Shoemaker-Inc/Richardson-Texas-/The-Shoemaker-Inc-Ruined-1-pr-of-shoes-refused-to-return-2nd-pr-Richardson-Texas-740057. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Shoemaker, Inc