Complaint Review: The Shutter Company Ltd

• Updated: Tue, March 26, 2013

• Reported By: Liz — Cobham
The Shutter Company Ltd
34 Greystoke Gardens, London, W5 1EP Internet United States of America

The Shutter Company Ltd PLEASE DO NOT ORDER SHUTTERS FROM THIS COMPANY. They will take a 50% deposit and then you will never hear from them again. I ordered my custom made shutter 6 months ago and I haven't heard from them Internet

Please, please do not use the Shutter Company.  I was visited by a very professional rep who measured up my window, showed me shutter samples and answered all my questions.  He provided me with a written quote and the company emailed me with an invoice for a 50% deposit.  That is where it ends.  6 months on and I have no shutter.  I have phoned and phoned but only get through to a central call centre that has nothing to do with the company and only passes on messages which are never answered.  The only time I did get a reply was when I threatened legal action.  Then, I got a call from Yusef who assured me that they were simply behind on their orders after Christmas and I would receive my shutter at the end of February.  It is now the end of March and still no sign of the shutter, no answers to my calls or emails. If you are in a similar situation, please phone the Trading Standards Authority and file a report.  I have done this and, if they receive sufficient concerns from our consumers, they will take it further and investigate. In the meantime, I have reported it to my credit card company (thank god I paid on credit card) and will pursue a refund through them.

I hope this helps others from getting defrauded.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2013 07:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Shutter-Company-Ltd/internet/The-Shutter-Company-Ltd-PLEASE-DO-NOT-ORDER-SHUTTERS-FROM-THIS-COMPANY-They-will-take-a-1038040. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Shutter Company Ltd