Complaint Review: The Soda Jerk Works

• Submitted: Thu, February 11, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, August 13, 2012

• Reported By: Dave — raleigh North Carolina U.S.A.
The Soda Jerk Works

The Soda Jerk Works Soda Jerk Works Misleading shipping charges. Internet

*General Comment: Coke Machine Parts Shipping Costs

I needed a part for my coke machine.  They had it available and the price seemed ok.  I looked for something to explain their shipping charges, since I didn't see any on the shopping cart.  I didn't think it would be free, but when I did a search on their site for the word shipping and nothing came up, I was convinced that it was built into the price of the part.  Anyway, I order the part and the Invoice that was emailed to me, clearly states shipping is $0.  Delivery is listed as best possible way.  There is nothing that states they will compute shipping later and let you know.   The invoice I receive with the part has $7.25 on it for shipping  When I emailed back and asked about it, I was told that the software doesn't compute it and it is on their web site twice.  I couldn't find it.  They said I could send the part back and get a refund, but frankly, I already installed it so I am not going to do that.  Just wanted everyone to be aware of  this little quirk with this company, and don't do business with them over the web.  Call and get the complete price.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2010 07:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Soda-Jerk-Works/internet/The-Soda-Jerk-Works-Soda-Jerk-Works-Misleading-shipping-charges-Internet-568298. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Soda Jerk Works

#1 General Comment

Coke Machine Parts Shipping Costs

AUTHOR: Rollerball - (United States of America)

If you were so concerned about the shipping of part why did you install it without contacting the company? I have ordered several hundred dollars worth of parts and have never had a problem company communicating with me the cost of shipping before billing my credit card.I'm feel confident enought that I had a problem regarding a part that they would make it right regardless of the situation. I accidently cut a lid gasket incorrectly a $37.00 part and they re sent me the part free of charge. It seems like a lot of work to right up a "rip off " report over a $7.25 part.  If you worried about one $7.25 transaction wait until the refrideration unit has be fixed and it costs you $100.00 just to ship in one way not counting repairs, and to ship it back.
Warning:  This is an expensive hobby!